ajthomas wrote:
I am happy for everyone...
except the lawyers.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]

Where did you read about it?

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]

jimatbeyond wrote:
Where did you read about it?

There's an article on the ST Front Page.

I'd like to see Dimond release a statement instead of Rapps employer.

Oh and Rapp now says Dimond bikes are safe after he definitively said his bikes weren't? Please...

blog

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [stevej] [ In reply to ]

stevej wrote:

Oh and Rapp now says Dimond bikes are safe after he definitively said his bikes weren't? Please...

I think thats the part that hits me out of this whole debacle. It will be extremely hard to believe anything Jordan says when it comes to products again. Which is really too bad since I considered him to be a go-to guy when examining different products. It's hard to gain back credibility like that.

stevej wrote:

Agree - Rapp has given himself a credibility towards equipment of the same level as Sean Spicer in the White House.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [spudone] [ In reply to ]

they are the only true winners!

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [M~] [ In reply to ]

Totally agree but when it's that or risk a financial black hole I can see why it's ended like this. Not saying that makes it any easier to believe any future product endorsements but I think that had already gone down the pan with the initial revelations.

M~ wrote:
stevej wrote:

I think thats the part that hits me out of this whole debacle. It will be extremely hard to believe anything Jordan says when it comes to products again. Which is really too bad since I considered him to be a go-to guy when examining different products. It's hard to gain back credibility like that.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [M~] [ In reply to ]

I am so confused. So Dimond bikes were not safe, and now they are? Or they were always safe. I have been following this mainly because I am in the market for the Dimond and was waiting to see how this shook out.
Rapp went scorched earth and now we are waking back his claims.

M~ wrote:
stevej wrote:

Glad it is resolved. Best wishes going forward to all parties.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [Benv] [ In reply to ]

Yea thanks Donald

stevej wrote:
I'd like to see Dimond release a statement instead of Rapps employer...

Did you read the article? It is their statement, that is, it is the statement the sides agree to. Don't try to drag me into it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [Skoot18] [ In reply to ]

According to the statement, Dimond bikes were always safe. Just Rapp's happened to be unsafe.

Skoot18 wrote:
I am so confused. So Dimond bikes were not safe, and now they are? Or they were always safe. I have been following this mainly because I am in the market for the Dimond and was waiting to see how this shook out.

M~ wrote:
stevej wrote:

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Slowman wrote:
stevej wrote:
I'd like to see Dimond release a statement instead of Rapps employer...

Did you read the article? It is their statement, that is, it is the statement the sides agree to. Don't try to drag me into it.

Sure did.

Quote:
"Ruster Sports, LLC and Jordan Rapp announce a settlement of the litigation between the parties,” according to a statement both parties released today.

Where is this statement above? I see nothing on Ruster/Dimonds website, twitter, or facebook pages.

Are we really just supposed to trust you as a journalist that this was the exact statement given to you from Dimond/Ruster? Cause you know, you aren't biased at all here.....

I just find it quite odd that the first party to release anything to the public is Rapp's employer/friend and not Ruster/Dimond, Rapp himself, or a neutral party.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Jun 5, 17 13:25

This makes Rapp look incredibly bad. I understand why he settled but by settling he has cemented that he can never be trusted again.

RIP Rapp's Credibility

are you thick, the joint statement is in quotes:

"Ruster Sports, LLC and Jordan Rapp announce a settlement of the litigation between the parties,” according to a statement both parties released today. "This was an internal disagreement between former partners and long-time friends that went too far in becoming public. Both parties regret making their dispute public through a lawsuit and public statements. Dimond bikes are and have always been safe, and Mr. Rapp agrees. Mr. Rapp believes he had a single tolerance issue with his Dimond bikes that was unrelated to safety. While Mr. Rapp was still under contract with Dimond, he entered into another sponsorship agreement with a competitor because he believed it would be better for him financially. Mr. Tollakson and Mr. Rapp have amicably resolved this matter."

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [Skoot18] [ In reply to ]

Skoot18 wrote:

M~ wrote:
stevej wrote:

Its likely that they were always safe. Just gave him a convenient reason to jump ship.

I think the point is that this statement is nowhere to be found other than Slowtwitch. It's a Ruster Sports statement, but it doesn't seem to be published by Ruster Sports anywhere where it can be seen.

I'm not surprised the agreed settlement statement includes unequivocal language that the bikes are safe, even if Rapp previously unequivocally stated he thought they were not. Dimond really couldn't agree to anything less and stay in the bike business. I'm a bit surprised Rapp was also willing to sign off on the statement that his sole motivation for going to Diamondback was financial, as opposed to something more vague about "mutual differences." They really made him eat his words here.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [Benv] [ In reply to ]

Benv wrote:
I think the point is that this statement is nowhere to be found other than Slowtwitch. It's a Ruster Sports statement, but it doesn't seem to be published by Ruster Sports anywhere where it can be seen.

If dan attributed a quote to Ruster sports that way he would be out of business this afternoon. I am pretty certain the guys at Ruster know how to file a lawsuit.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [badgertri] [ In reply to ]

badgertri wrote:
This makes Rapp look incredibly bad. I understand why he settled but by settling he has cemented that he can never be trusted again.

RIP Rapp's Credibility

I disagree, his credibility was already damaged, settling does nothing to damage it further nor does it improve it. He will have to earn that back in time. Likewise Dimond's credibility took a hit. In both cases the bulk, if not all, of the damage was done when the case went public and played out in this forum.

So given that, settling is the best course of action for both parties to move forward from a diminished postion.

Suffer Well.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [niccolo] [ In reply to ]

Yeah, that statement really removes any last bit of credibility Rapp had at this point. Wow.

Re: Rapp and Ruster/Dimond settle... [niccolo] [ In reply to ]

Never bring a pen knife to a gun fight. Something like that.

Mr. Rapp believes he had a single tolerance issue with his Dimond bikes that was unrelated to safety.

That doesn't seem consistent with what was said here.

Prev Next