Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Raelert Brothers
Quote | Reply
Anybody know if Michael and Andreas have intentions of attempting to qualify for Kona this year? If Andreas makes it, what odds would you give him on a podium slot?

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Raelert Brothers [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
20 to 1 odds for Andy on the podium. Great guy, had a cracker a few years ago to man second, but with now Lange, sanders etc on the seen I don’t think he has a podium left with the field at Kona now.
I was actually hoping tim O’Donnell would improve on his 3rd from the same year, but it just shows you how hard it is to stay at the pointy end
Quote Reply
Re: Raelert Brothers [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he could still be dangerous if he gets off the bike a little bit in front of Lange and McNamee. Raelert attacks the run pretty violently, but he's also 41. I'd love to see him have another crack. I feel like Jan is untouchable this year, but another podium for raelert would be cool.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would like to see Jan in full flight mode, will be interesting to see him with Lange bearing down, and even sanders at the pointy end. Sebi too, he is ultra consistant, but needs a lot to go right to win i think. You really need to be a pointy end runner to take Kona. Interested in Bozzone too, his form has been unreal.
No idea what Michael Raelert is doing these days, I remember watching him race a few 70.3's, he was unstoppable several years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michael was unstoppable at 70.3 just a few years ago. Michael was 3rd at the challenge championship to sanders and sebi

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m interested to see what Bozzone can do, he goes through periods where he’s untouchable, but doesn’t seem to peak for Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Raelert Brothers [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here at 70.3 busso after a bunch start on the bike (a 3km run preceded the bike which didn’t seperate the pack really), he took 10 mins on the he rest of the pro field. Over 90kms that’s a shit tonne of time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Anybody know if Michael and Andreas have intentions of attempting to qualify for Kona this year? If Andreas makes it, what odds would you give him on a podium slot?

Michael was on the startlist for South Africa, but he did not race I think because of a cold.

Andreas was on the list for Texas, but he did not race either.
I heard a podcast from a couple of months ago with Andreas in which he said he is still chasing after victory in Kona. He had some problems, so Texas would be great he said but due to this problems Texas could become too early. This obviously was the case.

I do not know where they plan now.
Quote Reply