Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Racing with Powertap
Quote | Reply
Taking a break from watching Superbowl hype. I am considerin racing IMNZ with my Powertap. Anyone out there tried this? If so, what rim did you build th PT on? Tubular? I saw a Zipp and Bontrager clincher on thier web sites.

Go Bucs!
Quote Reply
Re: Racing with Powertap [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't used my PowerTap yet but I understand the Bontrager wheels are good. I'm getting mine built up with a Velocity Deep V rim. Not sure if a Zipp rear wheel is worth the money.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing with Powertap [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i sent my powertap hub to HED and they built up a 32-hole Alps wheel around it. i've got a 24mm continental GP glued onto it. the front is another Alps just stock from HED. same tire. nothing but good to report.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Racing with Powertap [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you buy the 24mm Continental?
Quote Reply
Re: Racing with Powertap [Bri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i buy it from continental, because i'm a dealer. there are very few things i'm a dealer of, but we sell wheelsets on this site, and i go through quite a few continentals. but i don't sell any tires except those which go on the wheelsets (we only sell our 650c training wheelsets).

i would guess that mail order houses would be the usual suspects. i chose the 24mm tires because they're fairly bombproof, and they fit well on the alps rims.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply