Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Racing Schedule
Quote | Reply
Just wondering what people's racing schedules are. How many races a season do you do? What are the distances of your races? How much time between races?

How many races is too much? I know some people who race almost every weekend through the summer.

Interested in your thoughts and comments.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing Schedule [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing a race about once a month. I did Wildflower in May and plan on doing: an Oly (prep for 1/2 Vineman) in June, 1/2 Vineman in August, an Oly in Sept. (prep for USAT), and USAT Oly champs in Oct. I'm going to try to peak for Vineman then take a few weeks off and start rebuilding for USAT and NY Marathon (hopefully...). My prep races won't be all out, but are more tests I use to work out any kinks. The goal of the prep races are to finish strong and as fast as possible, but be able to train the following week. It takes me at least 2 weeks to recover after an all out tri.

I posted a few days ago (to no avail) about what people do in terms of races leading up to an Ironman. Would still love to hear what people do to prepare for the big daddy race...
Quote Reply
Re: Racing Schedule [kcwiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My race schedule has changed since the first of the year (missed IM NZ, Half Cali and Wildflower LC), but it's now:

May 18: UVAS/So. Bay (almost Olympic). Return to racing after 6 months.

May 26: Deer Valley Sprint (last minute; just to get the race feel again)

June 22: San Jose Intl Tri (Oly distance)

July 4-18: Ride bike 9 of these days at Tour de France (my own "sorta epic camp")

Aug. 3: Half Vineman

Aug. 10: Folsom Intl. (Oly distance) (though I may bag this)

Aug. 16: Holstein 100 (organized century, 6,000 ft. climbing)

Aug. 23: Barb's Race (women's only 1/2 IM--Vineman course)

Sept. 27: Ultramax im-distance

Oct. 11-19: lay on beach and take surfing lesson in Kona; volunteer at IMH

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Racing Schedule [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6/7 Mighty Montauk
6/28 Tupper Lake 1/2 IM
7/13 Hudson Valley Tri
8/10 NYC Tri
9/14 Mighty Hamptons Tri (@ Sag Harbor)

A lot of "local" NYC races. Rental cars really set back the old tri-budget.
Quote Reply