Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race questions... final countdown
Quote | Reply
Looking to finish up prep for first IM. Have the nutrition and hydration dialed in and have been tweaking a few others.
Remaining problems.

Where to put spare tube- Ditched the bag to be ST compliant, taped levers under seat, now where to put tires? Do I really need leavers for Zipp FC?

Strippers- Not like mom does, what is the best procedure... Use them or do on my own?

Special Needs- Is two CO2's enough on the xwing or do i put some extras in there? Tubes? How bout a can of HTFU? My nutrition has been Gu/Uncrustables... Is SN bags a reason to stop and unload or just do it while riding?

IM v. HIM Transitions... No guide yet, but if i recall all gear goes in bag except helmet and shoes if mounted on bike? Exit water, strippers, gear bag, changing tent, go to rack? Or will it be more like what I experienced @ HIM Lake Stevens? Is there any reason to not just wear my race kit, compression sleeves under wet suit and expedite process?

Teflon tape/how to push down valve stem in zipp extenders on the side of the road- Had been carrying a ballpoint pen with tape wrapped around it. Is this ST compliant?

Mounting w/shoe attached- I train this way, but didn't do it @ HIM and watched several people have a meeting with the pavement! Don't want to be that guy.

Any other big things I'm forgetting?

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Re: Race questions... final countdown [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use a water bottle as your flat kit for your spare tube and tire.

Yes you do need tire levers.

Use the volunteer wetsuit strippers, it'll be quicker than trying to do it yourself.

To CO2's are enough in your special needs bag. Stop and get what you need since it'll be ultimately safer.

Your helmet and your bike shoes must be in your bag. Everything that you need for the bike must be in your T1 bag. The only thing you can have on your bike is your flat kit, computer, bento box and water bottles.

Throw out those Zipp valve extenders, they're junk. Do yourself a favor and get the appropriate sized Tufo ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Race questions... final countdown [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1fastbeaver wrote:
Teflon tape/how to push down valve stem in zipp extenders on the side of the road- Had been carrying a ballpoint pen with tape wrapped around it. Is this ST compliant?

quote]

I agree with the other poster regarding teh correct stem lenghts. Saves using extenders. But curious why would you need to push down your valve stem on the side of the road, assuming you already had a flat?

I put a spare tube and C02 in my bike special needs bag and carry one of each with me. If I flat on the first loop I can grab an extra spare, if I dont I leave it in my special needs bag. Gives you some protection without being a pack mule.

Have fun, enjoy the day. You will learn alot about yourself that day.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply