Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race permit costs
Quote | Reply
Tried a quick search.

Anyone have an idea of what IM/Wanda pays host cities for permits to hold a race? Or what the host cities cut would be?

The cost would have to make it worth it for the host city to agree for the road closures and other inconveniences.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Race permit costs [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'M pays nothing, but is paid by the host city for bringing the circus t town. In addition to the "sanction fee" the community picks up the tab for road closures, police support & so forth. For the community it's " heads in beds" & other taxes collected by the visitors. At one time it was $50K to host a 70.3 & $100K for an Ironman.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Re: Race permit costs [LazyEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LazyEP wrote:
I'M pays nothing, but is paid by the host city for bringing the circus t town. In addition to the "sanction fee" the community picks up the tab for road closures, police support & so forth. For the community it's " heads in beds" & other taxes collected by the visitors. At one time it was $50K to host a 70.3 & $100K for an Ironman.

Oh wow. I wasnt aware of that. Boggles my mind. Thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Re: Race permit costs [LazyEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LazyEP wrote:

Last one I heard was the city paying IM $500,000 to host
Quote Reply