Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race belts recommendations
Quote | Reply
As per title, I watched a video of Tim Don in a tunnel recommending the slimmest possible for aero benefits.
I have a problem with all that I have tried that the number slips round to my side on the bike & I assume creating quite a bit of drag.

Any recommendations/suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Race belts recommendations [Doca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doca wrote:
As per title, I watched a video of Tim Don in a tunnel recommending the slimmest possible for aero benefits.
I have a problem with all that I have tried that the number slips round to my side on the bike & I assume creating quite a bit of drag.

Its a bit ironic as most IMs and IM70.3 allows you to ride without the number belt which would always be the preferred option, thus totally eliminating those claims.

Tbh race belt. Does not matter if it is a 5 dollar or 20 dollar branded one. 2 elastics, proper size is all that matters. Also just keep it locked in T2 and step into it thus not important about some fancy "locking mechanism".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My suggestion is just make your own. Get some Dritz Elastic. Make a loop around you. Leave it a little long and just tie it first in a simple bow at first. Play with the length, then once you have it sized correctly tie it in a nice knot. You need two safety pins for the race bib. The first time you have get a bib you will need to take some time to get the space right for the bib based on the expanding nature of the elastic but then after that you can leave them where they are. Then on race day just grab the bib and slide it over your body. No need to worry about buckles, buckles breaking, bib tab holders popping + it will be about half the weight or more of an actual race bib.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Race belts recommendations [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoelace, safety pins, old buckle (plastic locking like race belts have). Although I might try That elastic idea

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Race belts recommendations [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made my own, recycling underwear.
Cheap, aero, and perfect fit.
Check this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGJIYxzFg64
Quote Reply
Re: Race belts recommendations [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Doca wrote:

Its a bit ironic as most IMs and IM70.3 allows you to ride without the number belt which would always be the preferred option, thus totally eliminating those claims.

Tbh race belt. Does not matter if it is a 5 dollar or 20 dollar branded one. 2 elastics, proper size is all that matters. Also just keep it locked in T2 and step into it thus not important about some fancy "locking mechanism".

I just have it looped through my hat so I put on my shoes, grab it, and put it and my hat on as I'm running out of T2. probably saves me .5 seconds. lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most races don’t require you wear it on the bike.

That said, if I’m really gunning for every second, I’ll tuck mine into my tri shorts, with the # spun around in back.

aka: I’m “wearing my race #” the whole time, including during the swim.

Running out of T2, you simply take it out and spin it around to the front whilst running.
“Excuse me while I whip this out...”
0.0 seconds added to your Transition time.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never had a problem with my race belt staying in place on the bike, but on the run it always seems to move to the back, which is really annoying having it move around while running. I started putting velcro on the back of my trisuit and also on the buckle of the belt to keep it in place.

instagram.com/42pointtwo
Quote Reply
Re: Race belts recommendations [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your replies,

I normally wear my race belt under my wetsuit so speedy fitting is not a problem I just wondered about how aero they were and how to keep them in place. I thought about the Velcro but was reluctant to stick Velcro to my race suit. I thought there must be race belts with some kind of non slip backing or something?

I have purchased some Dritz Elastic to give that a try.
Quote Reply