Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race Day Boost
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience with sodium phosphate loading before "A" races? Any advice, experiences, testamonials, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Day Boost [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No personal experience, but I read somwhere it's something you want to try ahead of time as it may cause GI distress.

I've had good results with it for Oly and shorter races, but it has not seemed to help with Ironman distances. I also have some misgivings with all of that stuff perhaps affecting the electrolyte balance during the longer races where dehydration plays a major role. I'm not using it for long races anymore. On the short races it seems to boost power output, especially on the hills...

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it before "A" races and it seems to help... although I'm certainly willing to admit that it could be all in my head. Either way, I use it for long course Tris and will continue to do so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it and I know some pros who use it. Basically its like carbo loading in a can. At the very least you are just topping up glycogen stores. Further, it's cheap to try ($20).

I would recommend "eating" it, vs. mixing it with water/juice. The stuff does not dissolve.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Day Boost [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you "eat" it?
Quote Reply
Re: Race Day Boost [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a spoon. Return to the days when you ate Jello mix right out of the package.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Day Boost [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eat it with oranje juice, the stuff is nasty with just water, it can burn your mouth and throat.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply