Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

RIP Davide Rebellin
Quote | Reply
30 year career. Hit by a truck today at 51yo. FUCK!

https://www.lequipe.fr/...in-en-images/1367727
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Davide Rebellin [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuck is right.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dang, was just reading that he had just retired from riding in the pro peleton as well

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Horrible to see this news. My condolences to his family and friends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's really sad and terrible news.

He was a prolific racer, placing in top spots of many of the bigger what are now World Tour Races and Classics and secondary races. That 2004 audacious trio of Ardennes Classic wins, winning Amstel Gold, Fleche Walloone, and Leige-Bastogne-Liege in a one week stretch, was the high water mark for Rebellin. It was also the maybe the peak years for doping from that era - and there were strong suspicions from that time about Rebellin. Later confirmed when he tested positive at the Olympic Games a few years later after winning the Silver Medal in the Road Race.

. . and he kept racing at a Professional level for years and years after coming back from his ban!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terrible news.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course it is always tragic when someone dies unexpectedly but ones like this hit hard...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cycling News did a decent article on him when he retired a little while ago:

'I kept on racing because of the ban' – Davide Rebellin's three decades in pro cycling | Cyclingnews

Sad news. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OMG! God bless him

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea! Fuck, I ride those same roads occasionally, you wouldn’t think it could happen there. I understand they found a German truck driver in West Rhine Westphalia that allegedly hit him and ran. RIP
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Davide Rebellin [pedalduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pedalduck wrote:
Yea! Fuck, I ride those same roads occasionally, you wouldn’t think it could happen there. I understand they found a German truck driver in West Rhine Westphalia that allegedly hit him and ran. RIP

Damn. Ride safe! I hate seeing this crap. That’s why I end up on the trainer so much these days. Especially since Florida is far less friendly than Italy or my home country when it comes to cyclists.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Doesn’t matter where you are, everyone is on mobile phones these days. France, Germany, And especially Italy. You can actually see them, phone on hand looking down at it. I always think damn I was just pretty lucky there. When I retire in a few years I’m moving to Girona, seems to be the best place I’ve seen. Just not many cars and lots of gravel.
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Davide Rebellin [pedalduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pedalduck wrote:
Doesn’t matter where you are, everyone is on mobile phones these days. France, Germany, And especially Italy. You can actually see them, phone on hand looking down at it. I always think damn I was just pretty lucky there. When I retire in a few years I’m moving to Girona, seems to be the best place I’ve seen. Just not many cars and lots of gravel.

That sums it up. Constant distracted driving. I see the same here. But don’t you dare say something because people will bark “don’t infringe on my rights” or some nonsense bollocks like that. Long sigh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply