Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

RENN Disc wheel
Quote | Reply
OK, I have spent the majority of my day researching prices. Renn Disc is the clear winner! I am conscerned about the LOW LOW Price... Whats the deal? Can anyone speak for or against this wheel?? thank YOu
Quote Reply
Re: RENN Disc wheel [littleroundbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
OK, I have spent the majority of my day researching prices. Renn Disc is the clear winner! I am conscerned about the LOW LOW Price... Whats the deal? Can anyone speak for or against this wheel?? thank YOu
Last edited by: kenny in tx: Feb 25, 03 20:57
Quote Reply
Re: RENN Disc wheel [kenny in tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hummmm my reply did not show up so here goes. excelent wheels with outstanding service from the owner frank. you will not be soory that you bought them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going on my second full year of racing on a Renn disk. I couldn't be happier with it and the results speak for themselves. This past weekend I won the masters division at the Desert Classic Duathlon in Phoenix with a bike split that beat half the pro field. The wheel didn't win the races for me, but look at it this way, I want to win and I have a Renn on the back.

As for the price, I look at it this way. Frank charges what it costs to make the wheel plus a respectable profit. What are the others charging for? Beats me. A disrespectable profit?

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did also a lot of research and decided for a Renn Disc Wheel. I don't have it now (due to budget constraints) but will buy one later this year.

I read only good things about the Renn disc in different forums. Search in this forum for Renn. Youn will find several posts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to go with what Plumb said- what are the others charging for?

It is a well-constructed wheel that is not terribly heavy. I have not rolled such a nice hub in most of the composite wheels I have tried (and I have owned a lot of them). It is about the same weight as my old Zipp 1150- and that thing had a screw-on feewheel hub (which is lighter than a cassette, for certain).

Let your concerns rest on the price- after buying this wheel, you will wonder why the others charge so much. Give Frank a call and let him fix you up. He's one hell of a nice guy, and we need to support the nice guys.
Quote Reply
Re: RENN Disc wheel [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I´m sure that RENN its a great wheel but it should exist a version with campagnolo compatible hub

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re:What about a front wheel? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if Renn has any plans to make a front wheel? I would be very interested. David K.
Quote Reply
Re: Re:What about a front wheel? [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Frank has mentioned they are working on a deep front wheel, hopefully sometime this spring.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply