Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quintana Roo PRSix 2 Aeria Hydration
Quote | Reply
I installed the aeria hydration system on the QR PRSix 2 and noticed that in the position that it's put in the hydration system is quite low. It's to the point where it's very difficult to reach the straw without pulling it out too far. And this creates more problems when the straw is pulled out too far. One would be it's hard to place it on the magnetic holder after it's pulled out a lot, and the other is that the straw doesn't reach down to the fluid at the bottom of the hydration system.

Was wondering if anyone has firsthand experience using a workaround to the problems I mentioned?

Professional interests in Genomics, Bioinformatics, Hardware/Software interfaces, sports interests are running from 800 to half marathon, sprint tri to half iron, cycling road races

https://brave.com/ - A safer and faster way to browse the web
https://www.strava.com/athletes/3757906
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo PRSix 2 Aeria Hydration [adaykin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Measure the outside diameter and order a longer one. Just make sure it's food grade
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This might not help you, but...

I had the same problem with the integrated hydration on my Canyon Speedmax SLX. Bottle was so low it was unsafe to drink from. Got a longer straw which annoyingly was so long it would flap round in the wind. Eventually jerry rugged a magnetic clip to the aerobar. I had to lift it to my mouth with my hand which I didn’t like and had me getting in and out of aero so much I just gave up on the front end hydration (which I never really liked something catching wind and sloshing around between my arms anyway). Eventually sold the bike.

But get creative with magnets. Test with a strong adhesive and once dialed use super glue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The HSF Aeria may have come with a satellite magnet mount which would allow you to do what Wintershade mentions - have the hose attach on the bars near your hands (that is what it is for). I'm just not sure whether QR include that magnet.

If that still doesn't work - the hose outer diameter is 11.8mm (ID 8.8mm)
Quote Reply