Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick clothing choice question
Quote | Reply
I'm a former runner and current Cat 3 cyclist doing my first ever duathlon on Sunday. I think I should be competitive but my only piece of triathlon specific gear is some shorts that are slightly too small; I was going to wear them with a cycling jersey for the duathlon but I tried cycling on the TT bike with them last night and it wasn't very fun. I have a couple of cycling skinsuits and some tight running shorts that I am now considering...anybody ever run two 5k's in a cycling skinsuit? I've done long rides on the TT bike before and was comfortable but wore cycling bib shorts or my skinsuit.

Thanks for any response. I might just suck it up and wear the jersey and tri shorts and be uncomfortable for 45 minutes of riding but I'd be faster on the bike in a skinsuit.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick clothing choice question [stevendex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't wear cycling bibs or a skinsuit. It'll be like running with a diaper on. Pick up some trishorts or a trisuit if you can swing it. Otherwise tough out the shorts that are too small and make sure to chamois butter up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Banana hammock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go with the skinsuit. For the 5Ks the chamois will be fine (I used to do Dus in them all the time, and even used one for a 70.3). The main issue is if it pulls too much on your shoulders (built for the bent over cycling position). For the second run, consider taking off the top half (the "shorts" should still stay in place).

If you go with the tri shorts, use a skintight top like UnderArmour. It will be more comfortable running, and more aero than a cycling jersey.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Quick clothing choice question [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an update, I wore my team cycling jersey and some cheap performance bike cycling shorts, which have a thin chamois. Total non-issue running in them. I would do that again.

Multisport races are hard! Biking after the run, and running after the bike, were both painful! Got sixth overall, 1 ag for my first ever multisport event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you tell me the exact make/model. I hate most modern cycling tights with thick padding looking for old school thin chamois lycra shorts for cycling. Thanks!

Under eating is just as good for you as over training.
Quote Reply