Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick cassette/chain sizing question.
Quote | Reply
Switching from 11-28 to 12-25 cassette. Do I need to do anything with the chain as far as adding/removing links?

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Quick cassette/chain sizing question. [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Quick cassette/chain sizing question. [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuller wrote:
No

For completeness sake, if however you get a new chain fitted with that 12/25 then there is a chance it would be a link small if you ever wanted to swap back.
Last edited by: Duncan74: Aug 11, 19 17:30
Quote Reply
Re: Quick cassette/chain sizing question. [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
Fuller wrote:
No

For completeness sake, if however you get a new chain fitted with that 12/28 then there is a chance it would be a link small if you ever wanted to swap back.
What?

And what 12-28?

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Quick cassette/chain sizing question. [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed, fingers quicker than brain. Meant 12/25.

And posted that as I wanted to be clear that it was fine to go from 11/28 to 12/25, but that does not imply it would (always) be ok to go the other way. So if (s)he got a new chain fitted to that 12/25 and it was correctly sized for that there is the chance that new chain would be a link too short should the OP then try fitting the original cassette back on.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick cassette/chain sizing question. [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure he meant to type 12/25...

Anyway I switched both my road and tri bike from 11/28 to 12/25, no issues because if it works on 11/28 it can't not work for 12/25. I also use a 50/36 chain ring so I have the holy grail of sequential shifting and minimal overlap. Best overall combo for low powered flatlanders such as myself.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply