Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Questions about your One Piece Trisuit usage
Quote | Reply
I like the idea of a one piece trisuit (short sleeve or sleeveless is a question I'm still answering). I've got a Castelli San Ramo Tri Suit short sleeve, and a Synergy and SL3, each sleeveless. I'm not sure which one I'll wear or return, but my question is if you use one, what do you do when you swim in a wetsuit? In the past I've done shorter events and worn a 2 piece. I've alternatively had the top on when I swim, and put it on after the swim. I seem to recall people suggesting that they don't put the top portion of a one-piece on, but let it gather at their waist during the swim. That seems odd to me, but at the same time less restrictions on my shoulders seems like a worthy goal.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions about your One Piece Trisuit usage [island rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a LG M2 and Kiwami LD Aero - both with sleeves. I just wear them as is under a full wetsuit and have not experienced any shoulder restrictions with either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wear mine. When it’s wetsuit legal it’s really a moot point...any good one piece I have had has not restricted shoulder movement. (I don’t think there’s any way a sleeved one piece would be more restrictive than a full sleeve wetsuit). I think it’s two years ago now that WTC changed the rule about sleeves. Before that, if it wasn’t wetsuit legal a sleeve couldn’t go past the point of the shoulder. If you were wearing a sleeved suit under a swimskin you had to roll the top down to be legal. Now sleeves to the elbow are ok, so no more rolling required.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sleeveless one-piece: No brainer, just keep it on the whole event.

Sleeved one-piece: I tried swimming with it rolled down, there's a clip somewhere on the web of me fumbling with the rear zip trying to get it shut in T1... I haven't felt shoulder restriction personally (at least nothing that's not negligible compared to the wetsuit) so I just keep them on for the whole event. Thinking of leaving my newer front-zip suit unzipped though.

I haven't raced in a two-piece since 2012 though. One-piece convert forever.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear my De Soto sleeved 1-piece under my wetsuit. I have never noticed any shoulder restriction. I will typically do a few wetsuit swims ahead of the race, and I cannot recall noticing any difference between swimming in the wetsuit with or without my trisuit on underneath.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a DeSoto sleeved FliSuit and I have no issues wearing it normally under a wetsuit.
Quote Reply