Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Questions about volunteering
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I did a quick search but did not find anything that answers my questions, and even then the situation is most likely different per region/country/race.

I am doing a race in Italy (Elbaman) 1 week after IM Italy where my brother is competing. So I am at IM Italy anyway to cheer and was wondering about maybe volunteering. I will probably send an email to the organization but thought I'd first check here what the experiences are. There are a few downsides.

I want to be able to move freely when my brother is running. So volunteering during swim/bike/first half of the day is all good, but later on might be less perfect.
I do not speak Italian except for being able to order all the good food. While not unimportant, it is mainly helpful after the event :)

So has anyone done this? Is what I ask possible or is it all or nothing? Would I be the only foreigner at such an event? My brother has a stress fracture at the moment and cannot join IM Frankfurt earlier in the summer, so he has the opposite going on. Maybe this could become a trend (but preferably without the injuries).
Quote Reply