Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question regarding Zwift race finish lines
Quote | Reply
Did my first race on Zwift today. Got down to 0.2 miles from the finish line and started pushing it. Then it said I was 2,000 ft from the finish. Then 4,000 feet. Then up to 8,000 feet. Ended up riding another two miles before actually crossing the finish line.

Is the distance to the finish line as the crow flies on the map and not the actual distance remaining on the route? Is this usual or do others experience this during races?
Quote Reply
Re: Question regarding Zwift race finish lines [Dallcro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This just started happening a couple updates ago. It will hopefully get fixed soon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, same happened to me last week (London course)...

Started my early break away (can't sprint), only to find I had another 1.5km to go..... New 5min power PB for me though, hahaha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had this same thing happen. Started my unimpressive sprint at 300m out.... Yeaaaah, 300m turned out to be like 1200m. It didn't end well for me. :(

- Jordan

My Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email update on Saturday says they're aware (emphasis added)

Quote:
Hi Zwifters, our latest update is now available on Windows, Android, and macOS only, with iOS and AppleTV to follow in the coming days. The biggest news this time around is that we’ve continued to build out our off road specific offerings by adding a several gravel and mountain bikes to the drop shop, as well as adding a couple of offroad relevant training plans.
Additionally we built an event specific 2km world called ‘Crit City’ that you may see later this month once we start scheduling events there. Similar to our Bologna course it’s a smaller world designed for a smaller group of Zwifters, and as such it will not regularly appear as a user selectable world.
Changes include:
  • BETA ANT+ Heartrate strap support on Android (more device support to come in next update)
  • Added December Cycling mission (Ride 100miles)
  • Added December Running mission (Run 26.2miles)
  • Fixed pedaling animation bug when riders were warming up in an event paddock
  • Additional route achievements added
  • Female riders see female leaderboards first now
  • Added Crit City event world
  • Fixed bug where event distance estimations were wrong
  • Canyon Inflite, Canyon Grail, Cervelo Aspero, Scott Spark, Canyon Lux, and Specialized Epic bikes added to drop shop
  • Dirt Destroyer and Pebble Pounder training plans added
  • Hammer H3 spin down support over ANT+ added
  • Neo 2T road feel fixed over ANT+

As for hints of what is coming in the very near future - our new menu system is coming along nicely and should hopefully make its first appearance on Apple TV next month, and later make its way to all versions of Zwift. A little something is coming for runners soon too, and we’ve also been playing with some new ways to steer bikes within Zwift. Stay tuned.
As usual if you notice any new issues with the latest release, don’t hesitate to let us know here so we can look into it as soon as possible.
Ride On.
The Team at Zwift

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fortunately most of the courses are multi-loop, so you have a chance to see the loop and the line before you get into the finish wind-up, so I focus on landmarks, rather than the distance countdown or distance signs... For the longer single loop races, this is sub-optimal, and I think they are working on/have fixed the glitch throwing off these counters...
Quote Reply