Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for you guys with the new Zipp vuka aero bar.
Quote | Reply
Looking at the diagram of this bar it shows how you can run the wires 4 etap out the two bottom holes underneath the base bar to hide the box. Would it be feasible to run a brake housing out from one of those center openings underneath directly down to the front brake?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for you guys with the new Zipp vuka aero bar. [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for you guys with the new Zipp vuka aero bar. [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely. Plenty of room. The holes are big.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Question for you guys with the new Zipp vuka aero bar. [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feasible, sure. But I don't think it's optimal for cable routing if either 1) you are running tririg brakes 2) running a long stem. The cable hole is pretty big for the cable to fit through, but it'll be at an angle where it really wants to go down.

I think cable routing is fine if you run side pull and short stem, where you can route the cable through the center piece (i am not sure if it's hollow or solid, but assume it's hollow) from left brake to right hole and directly line up with side pull brakes.

Otherwise, cable routing is much better using the rear holes (they are also much easier to route).

P.S. Love the bar, it's got some amazing adjustability fore-aft (especially if you are looking for reach), and I really like the zip arm pads and arm pad holders (admittedly never tried anything like the tririg scoop). Using the nose piece to hide DI2 (not possible in previous gen Vuka area which had a solid nose piece). Only complaint is that the brackets don't have angle markers.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Sep 2, 20 11:38
Quote Reply
Re: Question for you guys with the new Zipp vuka aero bar. [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Yeah I would be running a trirg front brake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you go this route đŸ™„ then I call dibs on your bar.

Fishbum wrote:
Thanks. Yeah I would be running a trirg front brake.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For reference, here are pictures with DI2. Profile Design 17 degree stem. and how it looks on a bike (don't think i have the picture level, but I am not good with my phone, and it seems good enough)
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Sep 5, 20 22:08
Quote Reply
Re: Question for you guys with the new Zipp vuka aero bar. [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you.
Quote Reply