Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for TX Riders - Bastrop to Buesher State Park ride
Quote | Reply
I have a few questions for the riders in TX. Have any of you done a ride on road 1c from Bastrop to Bueshcer state parks? How is the traffic on that ride? How are the roads? Are flats a problem? Anything I would need to know before going out there for a ride?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for TX Riders - Bastrop to Buesher State Park ride [HoustonTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe most of that is on the old MS150 route; if so I've done it a few times. I wouldn't worry about flat problems but yeah there can be some traffic from the camping groups. It's a great scenic ride though! Be careful riding over the cattle guards

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Aug 15, 19 9:39
Quote Reply
Re: Question for TX Riders - Bastrop to Buesher State Park ride [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. Good to know about the camp grounds. I'm trying to find something that has some hills to it. Even if they are not that big. The trainer is fine, but it's better riding outside.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for TX Riders - Bastrop to Buesher State Park ride [HoustonTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no worries. the "hilliest" place in the houston area would probably be the oilman / ex-IMTX course up near Sam Houston national forest

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're looking for hills head out and do some of the Chappell Hill rides. Road rides on the north of Hwy 290 and gravel rides to the south. You'll get more climbing on the gravel rides. I get about 2100 feet for a 50ish mile gravel ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The roads between Anderson and Montgomery are nice rollers and are usually lightly travelled and in pretty good condition. Look up the Texas Gran Fondo routes or the Oilman course like the other user mentioned.
Quote Reply