Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for Oakley Sunglass Experts
Quote | Reply
I scratched the lens on my glasses badly in a fall the other day. I am looking to pick some up online as they are cheaper. The arm on the Glasses says Radar but I seem to remember when i bought them that i got the XL model but am not sure.

How can I tell the difference between standard Radar and Radar XL?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Oakley Sunglass Experts [yikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Radar is the model of the glasses. The XL is just the type/size of the lenses. They also have Range, Path, Pitch, and Edge lenses (different shapes/sizes) as well.

This shows the lens differences: http://www.oakley.com/radar
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Oakley Sunglass Experts [llewis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check with Oakley customer service. They often do lens replacement. At one of our races last year they swapped out lenses for free
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have an Oakley store near by you can head in there and get it fixed same day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The first poster that responded to your question is incorrect. The Radar XL or XL Blade is a separate model than the standard Radar. The XL has a larger lens as the bridge from nose piece to top of frame is a greater distance than the standard Radar...hence uses a lens specific to that frame. The standard Radar frame can except pitch,path or range lens these will not work with the XL
There should be small white or black print on the inside of one of the arms with a model code and if memory serves me should say radar XL
Quote Reply