Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question about hutchinson fast'air
Quote | Reply
I'm doing Vineman this weekend and will be using a disc wheel and tubulars. I was going to bring a spare tire but the thing is bulky... so I ordered the Hutchinson Fast'Air since theres a flexible tube so I can inflate the disc in case I need to...

How do you all inflate your disks? Do you use the crack pipe with the fast'air or do you put fast'air directly on the presta valve of the disc?

If you use it directly, do you remove the yellowish-gold screw first?

Quote Reply
Re: Question about hutchinson fast'air [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The gold thing should screw onto the tube valve on your disk wheel provided you have a short stemmed tire. I would avoid the crack pipe if at all possible as the more joints you have, the more opportunity for pressure to escape and it not working correctly. But, I would have one available in case. You also can't rely on the Fast Air to give you enough tire pressure so make sure you are equipped with a pump or CO2s to top off tire pressure.
Quote Reply
Re: Question about hutchinson fast'air [Russ Brandt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Russ Brandt wrote:
The gold thing should screw onto the tube valve on your disk wheel provided you have a short stemmed tire. I would avoid the crack pipe if at all possible as the more joints you have, the more opportunity for pressure to escape and it not working correctly. But, I would have one available in case. You also can't rely on the Fast Air to give you enough tire pressure so make sure you are equipped with a pump or CO2s to top off tire pressure.

Gotcha! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Question about hutchinson fast'air [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is a very important race to you, I'd suggest sacrificing a can of Fast Air to practice wtih. In my experience they are not foolproof and the different combinations of adapters, tube valves, clearances etc all necessitate some preparation and practice beforehand.
Quote Reply