Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question about bike front/rear weight distribution. (Tom D. please help)
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I recently got a TitanFlex and have ridden it at all different virtual top tube lengths equating to a seat angle range of 76 to 82 degrees. I realized that I like the steeper angles but don't want to compromise handling by having too much weight forward. Right now I'm riding at about a 79.5 degrees with a front/rear weight distribution while in the aero position of about 50%/50% and 45%/55% while on the bar ends.

Ideally, what type of front/rear weight distribution should I strive to achieve?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Last edited by: E-Z: Apr 14, 03 15:06
Quote Reply
Re: Question about bike front/rear weight distribution. [E-Z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished reading Tom Demerly's excelent article, "One Man's Position: Todd Briggs." In it, Tom describes the process of fitting Todd to his new tribike resulting in a 47/53 front/rear weight distribution while in the aero position. Then Tom proposes an "improved" aero postion that has a lower frontal area but maintains all the same body angles AND the same 47 front/53 rear weight distribution. Is a 47% front to 53% rear weight distribution the general goal for a properly balanced bike?

E-Z

Last edited by: E-Z: Apr 14, 03 6:41
Quote Reply
Re: Question about bike front/rear weight distribution. [E-Z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody out there in Slowtwitchland has to know. Slowman? Tom D.? Gerard? Anybody?

E-Z

Quote Reply