Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see..
Quote | Reply
Athlete's Guide
http://rev3tri.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/...lete-Guide-Final.pdf

Bib List
http://rev3tri.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/...-Bib-List-5_7_18.pdf

If you are there, say 'Hi' to me-#123 Dale Toce in the old guy M55-59 group!
(only the Oly this year, unable to do the 'full revolution' with both races going same day)

Still waiting on swim waves...
Last edited by: dtoce: May 18, 18 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like #836 for me in the half. I’m doing the race morning bike check in, as it is easier logistically for the fam.

Weather is currently trending on the cool side - hope it stays that way!!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How bad is the Saturday scene for packet pickup and bike-check? I was debating doing race day pickup as I am relatively local, but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet as I figure I may want to go for a swim Saturday to check out the lake temps anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
Looks like #836 for me in the half. I’m doing the race morning bike check in, as it is easier logistically for the fam.

Not me. With all the rain and cold this spring, that swim will be brutal if we don't get some warm weather.
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [lenny07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lenny07 wrote:
How bad is the Saturday scene for packet pickup and bike-check? I was debating doing race day pickup as I am relatively local, but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet as I figure I may want to go for a swim Saturday to check out the lake temps anyway.

I've done a bunch of their races and everything has always been very smooth. (we are about an hour away and will be doing Sat drop off)
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [lenny07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lenny07 wrote:

I have done this race 4 times in the last 6 years (the double twice) and check in is never bad at all. When you park on Saturday, you tell them you are there for packet pickup. You have to walk into the park, to the left and down to the far end where the field is. This is where the expo is and finish line is there also.

You must find your bib number from the posted list, or look it up ahead of time. Get in line-get race packet; wristband; swag bag; swim cap; timing chip.
Don't forget your USAT card/ID.

Then go take a dip. The practice swim is from 10-12 on Saturday. The lake is usually comfortable in temp and sun glare is a common issue on race day. Tinted goggles are advised if sunny on race day. You can also see the run up to the bike transition in the parking lot and do a bike ride. Then check in the bike at that point. Bike check in is 10:30-5:30pm.

It does get busy toward the middle and later part of the afternoon so plan accordingly.

For those who will be there doing the half: I see a change in reading the Athlete Guide-only Oly athletes can park onsite...
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
natethomas wrote:

Not me. With all the rain and cold this spring, that swim will be brutal if we don't get some warm weather.

I hear you on that! I’d like a few warmer days too. My lake is still low/mid 60’s and I haven’t been in it yet.

It is CT so lakes are still cooler in earlier June.

Good luck to you and your son. I did the oly with my boy in 2016 when he was 19. The monsoon came the next day..
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
Good luck to you and your son. I did the oly with my boy in 2016 when he was 19. The monsoon came the next day..

Thanks - He's 17 and it will be the 43'rd race we've done together. I hold the head to head lead 41-1 (DNF - flat tire), but I have never beaten him out of the water.

We had our own monsoon at Rev3 DR last year, but it was still a blast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only looking at Oly because that's what I'm doing, but it appears the bike course as described in the guide is different than the map on the website. The athlete guide has the course going out of quassy then east on 64 and up tranquility road. The map on the website course page goes out of quassy and west on 64, turning north on tuttle road.

not a huge deal, but gotta trust the athlete guide right?? I did the oly in 2013 and 2014, and the route up tranquility road is what was used then, was the tuttle rd route used in more recent years?
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They put out a video with some key facts. Including a description of the bike course. I'm following that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huh... I am registered for the Oly but my name isn't on this list.
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
Only looking at Oly because that's what I'm doing, but it appears the bike course as described in the guide is different than the map on the website. The athlete guide has the course going out of quassy then east on 64 and up tranquility road. The map on the website course page goes out of quassy and west on 64, turning north on tuttle road.

not a huge deal, but gotta trust the athlete guide right?? I did the oly in 2013 and 2014, and the route up tranquility road is what was used then, was the tuttle rd route used in more recent years?

I'm guessing that is the 'old' course-coming out of the park and going to the left. The gps for that says 2015, which was definitely the old course. The new description mimics the half and goes out of the park and to the right.

Brad-What video did you see?
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
Huh... I am registered for the Oly but my name isn't on this list.

I'm guessing that the Rev 3 will take good care of you. You need to call/email someone and let them know.

I can tell you, the first time I was signed up for this race, for the HIM-prior to IMLPin 2012, which was going to be my first triathlon, and I was certain that I had signed up in Feb for this race, along with Placid but apparently I did not click on something and I was not registered for Quassy, only IMLP.

I freaked out. Bordeline hysteria.

I went to the venue on check-in day and threw myself on their mercy, and after a minor wait, actually got a number and raced-thanks to Jill. I'll never forget her.

They made it work for me then and I'm sure that the Rev 3 will continue to do what they always do-shine supremely- on taking care of their athlete's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm excited about the race and have done the half before, but parking and traffic looks to be a nightmare with both events on the same day.
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am big fan of Rev3 and this race, but can’t do it this year.

One thing I hope is improved from last year: they had a bunch of high school kids manning the bike check out. The kids couldn’t have given a crap as I strolled by uninspected with my top end bike. I guy near me joked about going back for an upgrade. Not the place to be saving money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked about Swim waves, they said its going to be a self-seeded TT start for the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you registered after May 7th, you're not on that list. There will be a supplemental list posted at the race site.

I'm in for the half. It will be a complete and utter shitshow (we're moving, I've been sick half the spring, etc.). Say hi - I'll be in the Owen Otter / Sonic Endurance kit.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lenny07 wrote:
I asked about Swim waves, they said its going to be a self-seeded TT start for the swim.

They did this at Poconos last year. Seemed to work fine, but hard to tell where you stood in the race. I guess you just have to go as hard as you can and hope its enough.....

Good news - it is going to be warm up here the next few days, so hopefully the water will warm up a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
If you registered after May 7th, you're not on that list. There will be a supplemental list posted at the race site.

I'm in for the half. It will be a complete and utter shitshow (we're moving, I've been sick half the spring, etc.). Say hi - I'll be in the Owen Otter / Sonic Endurance kit.

Yea I saw the May 7 thing and realized I registered on the 9th. So I’m not worried. And even if something gets messed up it’s not like I’m a stranger to everyone at Rev so getting it fixed would be easy regardless.
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My general rule: every pass is for position. When in doubt, attempt to go faster.

I won't say "actually go faster" because, well, I don't think I'll be doing anything resembling fast next weekend. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep...better to be the hunter than the hunted.

Chase ‘em down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck Dale! I envision you have the P2 all ready to go?

dtoce wrote:
Athlete's Guide
http://rev3tri.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/...lete-Guide-Final.pdf

Bib List
http://rev3tri.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/...-Bib-List-5_7_18.pdf

If you are there, say 'Hi' to me-#123 Dale Toce in the old guy M55-59 group!
(only the Oly this year, unable to do the 'full revolution' with both races going same day)

Still waiting on swim waves...
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy 2018-Athlete Guide is out..as is the Bib List--both races same day, we'll see.. [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's close, Jonathan. And it's a sweet ride-many thanks for parting with it and I hope you find a nice upgrade that passes muster with the misses.

Got my 10 speed 808 Zipp w PT embedded now with a new 11 speed hub/cassette. Still dialing in my fit...
But it's a gorgeous bike and I love it!
Dale
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lenny07 wrote:

Thanks!
I noticed that in the Athlete guide later. I'm such a dork..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forecast is holding out now, but with rain on Saturday it is going to be a sauna for most of the day. Be ready folks!

Bib #772 here. Trying not to embarass myself too much in the half. Training would indicate otherwise...

Quote Reply

Prev Next