Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq releases DZero DUB Power Meters
Quote | Reply
https://www.quarq.com/dzerodub/

• DUB™ crank arm assemblies – stronger, stiffer, lighter.
  • A simplified product line – choose a power meter spider and preferred crank arm length
  • MagicZero™ – automatic calibration as you ride. No need to back pedal or manually calibrate through your headunit

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jul 16, 19 7:30
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq releases DZero DUB Power Meters [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Version 10 firmware puts magic zero on all the Quarq pm’s. Now if someone could describe exactly how this new zero offset process works and under what conditions it happens............
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq releases DZero DUB Power Meters [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not much info on the “MagicZero” function. I was hoping someone (DC/GPLama) would post some details beyond the very limited blurb Quarq has on their site.
I updated my Dzero but it was bugging out before the update and two rides after the update it died so didn’t get to see any difference with the new firmware.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq releases DZero DUB Power Meters [Tifosi01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've updated my dfour and can't tell the difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq releases DZero DUB Power Meters [Tifosi01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like pretty much the stuff that Power2Max and other power meters have been doing since 6 years ago i.e. auto zero when coasting.

Tifosi01 wrote:
Not much info on the “MagicZero” function. I was hoping someone (DC/GPLama) would post some details beyond the very limited blurb Quarq has on their site.
I updated my Dzero but it was bugging out before the update and two rides after the update it died so didn’t get to see any difference with the new firmware.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like carbon crank arms only, now.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq releases DZero DUB Power Meters [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
Sounds like pretty much the stuff that Power2Max and other power meters have been doing since 6 years ago i.e. auto zero when coasting.

Tifosi01 wrote:

I hope not. One of the features I like the most about Quarq is that it doesn't auto-zero when I coast, but I can still easily zero it if I want to by back-pedalling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't see any point to buy this unless for some mysterious reason you need the DUB stuff.

Plus, it's actually heavier than the previous DZero (110BCD, BB386) by about 40 grams, if I read the information on the website correctly.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq releases DZero DUB Power Meters [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good looking out - I totally forgot about updates and haven't updated my Elsa or DZero - ever.

Am I safe to assume that updating to the latest firmware also gives me the updates that prior versions provided?

Also am glad to see that I'll no longer need to calibrate. Sure, it took all of six second but for some reason always annoyed me.
Quote Reply