Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq not going to sleep - Zwift or Edge510 keeping awake?
Quote | Reply
Slightly techy question here. I've had a Quarq S975 for 6 odd years now. Got a Dfour on my road bike a year ago and then another for my TT bike a couple of months back.

The issue I'm having is occasional flat batteries. I'm using Ant+ as the connection as I use an edge 510 headunit for 'display' and also connect to my FR935 which is what I use to record upload. Been really freaking me out as to why both the Dfours have done this odd flat battery with no warning thing.

Now overnight then I had a thought. The Fr935 'disconnects' from the powermeter when you stop recording. However, I dont' think the Edge does. And when the Edge510 is charging then it's 'on'. I don't charge the edge all that often, lasts ages, and when I do it's normally the night before a ride, and I've probably not been using the bike. However, I am wondering if the new Dfours have a stronger connection to the Edge510, and so when that's on charge it's keeping the Quarq that is in the selected profile awake.

Same also goes for if there may be an issue with Zwift not disconnecting fully from the Quarq if I close Zwift (need to to upload ride) but then put the PC into standby not shutdown).

May seem easy to test, but I've got IMNZ in 5 days and of course I had the flat battery again on Saturday
Quote Reply