Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there really a need for a tracker during an Olympic?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Is there really a need for a tracker during an Olympic?

Moreso for friends and family :)
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We see great enthusiasm from friends and family for any length, especially if it's an out and back course.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [troy@quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  1. Will the unit work in Cuba?
  2. If I use the unit in an area with sporadic / poor 3G coverage, will it keep working normally once I come back into coverage? e.g. if I'm running a race in a valley, on the edge of a coverage area, will the unit send position updates when I have signal and then cache them for transmission when I don't?

Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [maxgaines] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi maxgaines. It should work in Cuba, but we haven't tested it ourselves yet. Qollector uses AT&T 3G, and AT&T debuted Cuba roaming in October. http://about.att.com/...ts_cuba_roaming.html Qollector will keep working normally when out of cellular range: Data is uploaded every minute where cell service exists, otherwise data is stored for transmission when service returns.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [troy@quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently got a Qollector and it's been great except I can't figure out how to change the units used by the tracking website. I have my account set to Imperial/miles but the link that is sent out shows the Qollector progress in metric units. How can friends and family see the Qollector stats in miles?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Troy
I have 2 questions since I work in GNSS receivers field

- are you planning to update the receiver with Galileo system in order to get down below 1 meter accuracy?

- did you think about proposing it to WTC to have a smart system to track down drafters? for example, you can give one of this device to the checkin to each athlete. everybody knows the rules. with a proper software, you can track live who is drafting or not and for how long. then you apply the penalty AFTER the athlete ends his/her race. no complains, no discussions. This has to be more elaborated but just to shoot an idea and if maybe you are working already on it
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [writhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi writhe. Sorry about the delay. I needed to speak to the engineering team. Unit selection for viewers without a QuarqNet account is in development. Your enquiry has accelerated this work. We were testing its introduction late last year -- the intention is to make it automatically switch based on the viewer's language setting. My phone and computers are set to Australian English so I thought it was done. I will have a more detailed update soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
troy@quarq wrote:
Hi writhe. Sorry about the delay. I needed to speak to the engineering team. Unit selection for viewers without a QuarqNet account is in development. Your enquiry has accelerated this work. We were testing its introduction late last year -- the intention is to make it automatically switch based on the viewer's language setting. My phone and computers are set to Australian English so I thought it was done. I will have a more detailed update soon.

Thanks, Troy, that would be great. And the explanation makes perfect sense. I was confused when I used the site and sometimes saw distance in miles and other times in kilometers. I realized that if I was logged in, distance was displayed in miles (what I set in my settings) but most users (I hope) will be people without QuarqNet accounts.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [Plissken74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Plissken74. Thanks for your interest. You have two good questions.

Qollector is compatible with Galileo, but we do not plan to add it immediately. There are some other improvements and new features we want to do first.

Draft busting has been discussed, here at SRAM and with race organizers. Right now we do not believe Qollector should be used to apply penalties, but it is certainly good enough to direct on-course officials to potential infringements.

We work with mountain biking's Enduro World Series and have been optimizing Qollector's GPS collection to get good, second-by-second location data for riders on race stages. (EWS stages are 5-15 minutes long and resemble Strava segments on single track.) With this data, we compare riders to see where they are fast or slow versus each other. You can see, for example, someone who excels on steep, technical terrain or someone who has great fitness and pedaling prowess at the end of a stage. In 2017 we will continue this work and enhanced GPS accuracy, suitable for what you're proposing, might come as a by-product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI Troy,
When do you think the unit will be available in Canada?
Also You don't have IM COZ listed as a 2017 race, but is it safe to assume it will be added it if it was a 2016 race?

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tri Bread. We're working on global availability now. Unfortunately I cannot be more specific than that. When I have more information I will post it. We will add Cozumel to Quarq Race Intelligence. It is shown as TBD because the 2017 race date was unavailable when we drew up the list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checking to see when this will be released. My wife is doing Ultraman Florida in two weeks and it would be great if we could track her in miles instead of kilometers.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [writhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi writhe. This was released yesterday. quarqnet.com will now auto-detect map units for users not logged in. Someone looking at a tracking link will get miles, ft, mph, etc. if their web browser offers up an "en-us" locale. If you are logged in the settings for your account take over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
troy@quarq wrote:
Hi writhe. This was released yesterday. quarqnet.com will now auto-detect map units for users not logged in. Someone looking at a tracking link will get miles, ft, mph, etc. if their web browser offers up an "en-us" locale. If you are logged in the settings for your account take over.

Wow. That is fantastic. Thank you for knocking it out so quickly and letting me know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you opt-in for races? Oceanside is this weekend, I have my device, but cant find where to opt in? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [babraham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi babraham. We are still working in an automated system for opting in. I will update the website with a message to email the Customer Service team so people know what to do for upcoming races. Please PM me the serial number on the back of your Qollector (e.g. ABC12345), your first and last name, and, if you have it, your bib number. --Troy@Quarq
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
troy@quarq wrote:
I have an update on two of the three outstanding issues.

1. The tracking link is fixed. The Customer Service team may have notified you directly.

2. We have a fix for SRM power meters' zero offsets. It should go in this week. This will give you correct power numbers. I will provide an update and more info when it's live.

3. I will have an update on global roaming soon.

Sorry about the delay. I was away on vacation and my colleagues didn't see the new posts in this thread.

Troy@Quarq

Any news on when it will be available in the U.K. ?
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Neil. No news yet, but we are working on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Troy.... how should opt in to the race for fl 70.3 next week?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Steve. Please email Quarq Customer Service on thinkfast@quarq.com. Tell them the race and your Qollector serial number, first and last name, and bib number.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the best way to wear the Qollector in the swim portion of a Tri with a wetsuit? Will it work fine under the wetsuit in a Tri suit pocket?
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [mtnjunkee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi mtnjunkee. You can safely carry it in the swim, in a triathlon suit pocket, inside your wetsuit. It will not get GPS coordinates or transmit cellular data when it's submerged. We recommend using safety pins or similar to ensure it does not fall out when you take off your suit. Also, remember to turn it on before you begin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Troy - My 6 month free data expired. I cannot find how to renew the plan - can you pls share the site/link (ideally Friday as Sat is IMWC)? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [Dwoodside] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dwoodside wrote:
Troy - My 6 month free data expired. I cannot find how to renew the plan - can you pls share the site/link (ideally Friday as Sat is IMWC)? Thanks!

Troy moved on from Quarq. I'm sure you will get a response if you email customer support.
Quote Reply

Prev Next