Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq 50/34 to 50/42 to handle everything from road to gravel?
Quote | Reply
Currently have compact with 11/32 on the back on road bike and tri bike. Living in Michigan, I've never really used the 34t. My gravel bike is Sram Force 1x with 42t. I want to use Quarq but that would be awkward range of gears. Thus the reason of adding 42t to quarq in place of the 34t and not using the 50t when on gravel (there is no FDR on gravel bike).

Does this logic work or is there some chain alignment issue (or some other issue) I'm missing? Would it be better to just use the Quarq as compact and change cassette on gravel bike?

Any other ideas that don't include buying another PM for gravel bike?

Thanks in advance.

Quote | Reply
If I understand correctly, you currently have 2 cranksets. The Quarq crankset with a 110bcd 50-34 set of chainrings, which you swap between your road and TT bikes. Then you have a Force crankset with a 110 bcd 42t chainring on your gravel bike.

If you want power on your gravel bike, i'd just swap the 42t chainring and pedals onto your quarq crankset, and run that in the gravel bike (the main potential issue would be if your road & TT frames are a different bottom bracket type than your gravel bike (in which case you may be able to swap the quarq spider over to your Force crankarms)
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq 50/34 to 50/42 to handle everything from road to gravel? [quadlt250] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct on the two cranksets

My goal was to limit the amount of time to
Switch cranks. Right now I can change between road and Tri in 5 mins. Changing chainrings takes a bit but if only option than so be it.

All my bikes have different BB types. I have adapters from Wheels Manf. So I can fit Quarq on bikes.