Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Quality USA Made Cycling Kits
Quote | Reply
What are some of the smaller boutique Cycling Kit manufactures that make custom kits in the US?
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NOT Love the Pain.

I repeat, NOT LOVE THE PAIN.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our Club used epix, I absolutely love the kit http://www.epixgear.com They just moved production back to the US and improved turnaround times too.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like voler's stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have stuff from Vie13 that i like. It's a US based company, but i would guess they are made elsewhere.

Eliel says that they are made in California, but i have my doubts.

Both of them seem well made with good QC. Materials and stitching are very good. Good chamois in both. Personally i think they feel and fit nearly as good as the castelli, rapha, and Cuore stuff that i have.
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I have been curious on the Eliel products as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Borah Teamwear is in the USA and does custom work.

Full manufacturing ... start to finish. In Wisconsin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eliel and Wattie Ink are made in the same factory in San Diego. The cuts are the exact same. I have like 8 Wattie cycling kits now, and I like them a lot. Disclaimer, I'm on the Wattie Ink Hit Squad...but given the price of them even with a discount, if they were shit I wouldn't buy them.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Sep 10, 20 11:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been trying to get a Wattie kit this season, but they seem to be sold out of everything in Small. Any idea if/when they will get back to manufacturing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Eliel and Wattie Ink are made in the same factory in San Diego.

Good to know. The reason i questioned it was because of the huge delays to some kits i ordered from Eliel prior to covid. The dates kept getting pushed further and further back by Eliel as covid became a bigger and bigger issue...and mysteriously the date changes happened to coincide with shipping container delays from another order (different product and company) that was coming from China. It was really just a theory, and not based on evidence other than that coincidence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pedal Industries is another great option. Excellent quality and they do custom/team stuff too. I’m not affiliated in any way, other than I have bought a bunch of jerseys and bibs. Oh, and socks and gloves too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they are sewn in California but the fabrics are sourced from overseas. That may be part of the delay I am guessing.
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
DeSoto?

Yes, they sew their stuff in SoCal.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
NOT Love the Pain.

I repeat, NOT LOVE THE PAIN.

Seriously, don't buy from the company. If you haven't, do a quick search on the forum and you'll find tons of threads (and one mega thread) with people's horrible experiences

imswimmer328 wrote:
I really like voler's stuff.

I'd like to second Voler. They're kit is reasonably priced, comfortable and lasts a long time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure about pre-covid. But during COVID the factory went offline for over a month because it was considered non-essential. Like with DeSoto, they pivoted and began manufacturing masks which then classed them as essential. I know that they're now working 6 days a week to catch up, but when you consider number of days lost you'd have to work 40 weeks of Saturdays or so to catch up.

Also, most US cycling companies source Italian fabric.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Sep 10, 20 14:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right, I want sure what OP meant by “made” in the USA.

But, Own Way Apparel is US-based and highest quality Tri apparel I have ever worn and I’ve tried at least all the major brands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big fan of Eliel and would certainly recommend them. I purchased several of their kits at full retail prior to joining their Factory Team in 2020 (and again in '21).

As for their delays early on during Covid, they completely shut down manufacturing initially and then re-opened with limited staff to produce masks. That said, they've been back to full production for a couple of months now and catching back up on the custom backlog. They've even been getting some re-stocking of in-line basic and releasing new collections (Baja and Get Camo'd).
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [robtomh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd second both Voler and Borah.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [Miamiamy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I echo Borah. I've done four custom orders with them and they've been nothing but fantastic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wattie and Primal are both solid.

Pactimo...not so much. And definitely not US made
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe that 97% of the products sold by De Soto is made in the USA.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [robtomh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robtomh wrote:
Big fan of Eliel and would certainly recommend them.

x2 The Eliel stuff is really nice, fit and fabric. First got their stuff as part of a team kit order and balked a little at the price, but you get what you pay for.
Quote Reply
Re: Quality USA Made Cycling Kits [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:
imswimmer328 wrote:
I really like Voler's stuff.

I'd like to second Voler. Their kit is reasonably priced, comfortable and lasts a long time

A lot of the jerseys I've picked up in the thrift store are Voler. Some are up to 10 years old

"Why would you wear a jersey from a team you weren't on or a tour/ride you didn't do?"

Because they're only a dollar or two, and I don't give a shit?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Eliel and Wattie Ink are made in the same factory in San Diego. The cuts are the exact same. I have like 8 Wattie cycling kits now, and I like them a lot. Disclaimer, I'm on the Wattie Ink Hit Squad...but given the price of them even with a discount, if they were shit I wouldn't buy them.

Would you happen to know the name of that factory/company? I'm launching a new brand in the category and am looking for a proven US supplier who works with small companies (need production prices, not wholesale or pro deal, so can't deal with any of the brands listed here).
Last edited by: insulinpower: Sep 13, 20 6:59
Quote Reply

Prev Next