Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Qualifier for IM Lake Placid?
Quote | Reply
I want to do IMLP in July. i cannot afford the community entry fee. Does anyone know how hard it is to qualify for IMLP at BLACKWATER 1/2 IM,(which I am signed up for). I am 35. What would my 'approximate' time have to be?
I have tried effortlessly to get in touch with someone from the Blackwater organization and have tried to view the '02 awards/results page as well....no luck. Does anyone have any info that could help me?
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Maybe look at Tupper Lake results... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a bit of a stretch, but Tupper Lake Tinman is also a 1/2IM qualifier for LP. You might look over those results to see how competitive it is. Different course so it is hard to compare, but you might get a sense of how close you'd need to be to 1st in your AG and use that as a reference. Of course, from the results you don't actually know who or how many people qualified...

Another minor reference. I know someone who did the Victoria 1/2IM which was a qualifier for IM Canada last year. In the 30-34 AG he went 4:50-4:55 and missed qualifying by one slot.

Not real solid help here, sorry. Better than nothing I hope.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Qualifier for IM Lake Placid? [DSS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's anything like Half IM Cali last year, you won't have a problem. Except for IM Canada(high demand), anyone who wanted to had their choice of IM's(Utah, Wis, LP, and Fla). When the organizers saw how few people actually were trying to qualify for slots in those races, they simply had everyone come down and sign up for whatever races they wanted.

I know it's a long way to go but if you really want to do LP...

(I'm asuming you're on the East coast)
Quote Reply