Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Q rings and 10 cassettes
Quote | Reply
Any top end finishing or pro triathletes using Q rings regularly. Chris Froome and Wiggins used them. Not that i am anywhere in these peoples company, but wondering. And does a 53/39 Qring make up for leaving a 55. And whos making a cassette with a 10 and is anyone using one in a 2x drive train and not a 1x drive train, or can you? Confused about fine tuning my drivetrain on my bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Q rings and 10 cassettes [GZMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geez man, you are confused... ;) I'll try help.

GZMAN wrote:
Any top end finishing or pro triathletes using Q rings regularly. Freddie van Lierde I think still uses them. Chris Froome and Wiggins used them. Not that i am anywhere in these peoples company, but wondering. And does a 53/39 Qring make up for leaving a 55. No, 53T is still 53T. If you are currently on a 55, you can get a 55T Qring. And whos making a cassette with a 10 Sram, also a few other aftermarket companies like E-thirteen and 3T (theirs is 9-32T). and is anyone using one in a 2x drive train and not a 1x drive train, or can you? Cassettes with 10T were initially designed for use in a 1x system (so you could run a smaller chainring and therefore get an easier climbing gear in your largest cog). If you are running 55 / 54 / 53T big chainring, there really is no need for a 10T cog. If however you want to run a 1x system, you can run something like a 48T chainring with a 10-32 cassette. The latest Sram AXS 12sp in 1x setup is designed around 48 x 10-33 (but you can also run in 2x). Confused about fine tuning my drivetrain on my bike.
Quote Reply