Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Q for Tom D.
Quote | Reply
any risk in leaving a bike quite regularly on the computrainer? when you ride the CT, and out of the saddle, is there any risk to damage the bike (rear triangle)?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Q for Tom D. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not Tom D. but I did notice a "flat spot" or something like it on my tire after it had been siting on the c-trainer with the roller engaged for 3 days. Now I always move the roller down and out of contact with the tire as soon as I'm done.

I've also wondered about the c-trainer hurting the frame. I can see the frame bending in when I tighten the c-trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Q for Tom D. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The CT won't hurt your frame, it dosen't place much more stress on it (if any) than riding it on the road.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Q for Tom D. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'The CT won't hurt your frame, it doesn't place much more stress on it (if any) than riding it on the road. '

Tom, I would question this. I don't have any prove but it seems to me that any stationary trainer other than rollers put a tremendous stress on the frame. Last year I saw a survey. Several bike Mfg. were asked the same question. The answer was that they tend to see more non typical frame failure around the winter time.
Quote Reply
Re: Q for Tom D. [Redemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply