Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR vs. Cervelo Fit
Quote | Reply
When I was getting a professional fit at my LBS last fall on my Trek road bike, I remember the gentleman saying that I'd never fit well on a Cervelo due to it being "too long." I believe that is the wording he used. He knew I'd be buying a Tri-Bike soon. Now I'm starting to look around and of course all the reviews of the Cervelo P2K have me interested but for some reason that comment has stuck in my mind.

Of course, that shop doesn't carry the Cervelo's but does carry QR, specifically I was interested in the Caliente.

Considering component and price, they seem to be similar bikes.

By the way, I'm about 6 foot tall if that helps anyone.

Do you think he was just trying to sell me a QR or does anyone know if Cervelo's are "longer" and not ideal for my body type?

Thanks, Rick
Quote Reply
Re: QR vs. Cervelo Fit [rkuehn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check the bike picker on this site, it specifically mentions bikes for long legs/long bodies. Personally, I've got a freakishly long body and I fit great on my P2k. I bought it about 3 months ago and I have never been so happy with a bike. You just can't beat a P2k for that price.
Quote Reply
Re: QR vs. Cervelo Fit [rkuehn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo's do have slightly longer top tubes than QR's, but you can just go with a shorter stem, or move down a size on the frame. I think you are correct that he was just trying to sell you a QR.
Quote Reply