Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR cd.01 and 25mm tires
Quote | Reply
Going up to 25mm clinchers from 23s. Any issues with them fitting?
Quote Reply
Re: QR cd.01 and 25mm tires [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could not get 25 mm tires to work; front or rear. One caveat...my Cd.01 is a 2009 with a center pull TRP rear brake. I believe they changed the rear brake to side pull starting in 2010.

I had no issues with clearance to the sides (chainstays, seatstays, or brakes). The problem was that the middle of the tire tread area rubbed against the caliper arms (where the two arms cross over) on both front and rear wheels. This was using the stock TRP brakes, GP 4000 II, and Shimano 500 training rims. I've never measured the bead width of those rims, but I'm thinking they are fairly narrow, which caused the 25 mm tire to balloon up taller, which caused the clearance issues. Maybe some wider rims would keep the wider tires from getting so tall. But, then you might run into issues with getting the pads wide enough for the wider rims.

If they've changed the brake specs since 2009, then maybe it will work.
Quote Reply
Re: QR cd.01 and 25mm tires [Signal8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a 2014 and I've had a slight rubbing issue with 23mm tires on the front with the caliper arms as you described. I adjust the J tube thingy a bit and it goes away. Too much adjustment and if I stand up and pedal they rub on the inner side of the arms. Pretty finicky brakes if you ask me. They are side pull brakes by the way. I might just upgrade to tririg omegas in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: QR cd.01 and 25mm tires [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Key consideration for anyone looking at fitting tires are the actual tire size(s) when mounted to specific rim(s) used, not the number on the sidewall. See recent front story article - https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Look_Fat__6809.html
Eyeball test on my 2012 cd.01 looks like it should have front and rear clearance on both frame and brake (TRP side pull) for larger tires providing tires are deflated or the calipers/brake pads are opened up to mount them. I have older carbon clinchers that are 21mm wide at brake track and I think 15.7mm inner width. As an example, Conti Force 24mm rear tire fits fine, and 4000s ii 23mm tires also fit but need to gently nudge them between brake pads when mounting as they are actually are larger on same rims even though labeled 1mm narrower.
Last edited by: tripolar: Apr 23, 18 11:34
Quote Reply