Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR SRFIVE (Aero Road Bike)
Quote | Reply
am I the first to see this?

https://quintanarootri.com/pages/aero-road-bikes

Looks like same customization options as PR5/PR6 bikes, clearance for 32 tires...great looking bike.
Quote Reply
Re: QR SRFIVE (Aero Road Bike) [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loos like a great deal too. $wise
Quote Reply
Re: QR SRFIVE (Aero Road Bike) [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sold on their spec options. They have coupled wheels and groupsets in a way that makes all the Di2 options really expensive. The $1500 'upgrade surcharge' they are adding for the HED GPs is ok for that wheelset but I would rather have the $1500 and training wheels.

I know this always splits opinions and I understand not wanting to spec a top end build with cheap OEM wheels. BUT if you go down the sales route of giving the consumer options I would actually give them options. Let them select from what you have available even if you don't agree with there selection. In my opinion you shouldn't be willing to sell parts on cheap bikes you are then embarrassed to sell to a consumer on higher end builds assuming they pick it.
Quote Reply
Re: QR SRFIVE (Aero Road Bike) [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrewblerner wrote:
Loos like a great deal too. $wise

Saw this a few weeks ago. I think it's interesting bike, and something I'd consider were I in the market for an aero road bike. And while I think the pricing is reasonable, it's not what I would call a "great deal." $4300 for Ultegra mechanical with alloy rims doesn't exactly reshape the segment price landscape. Yeah, they offer a more affordable 105-level option which the big-4 (Trek/Specialized/Cannondale/Giant) skip, but I suspect that's largely a demand-driven decision; that experience has taught them that mot people interested in a bike this far out on the performance edge of the use spectrum will want at least an Ultegra level build. For those on a sub-Ultegra budget, there are similarly affordable 105-level offerings in this segment from many of the mid-size brands.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: May 4, 20 10:10
Quote Reply
Re: QR SRFIVE (Aero Road Bike) [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have to agree. I look at the new Scott addict rc ultegra at $3500 and, while I like the looks of the QR, have to wonder what's the extra $800 for?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my QR SRfive road bike!!! I got it a couple weeks ago. It's awesome!!! The crew at QR was great to work with too!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. I have a Litespeed C1 with Di2 currently and it’s a pretty brilliant multisport road bike. I’d totally grab one of these and hand my Litespeed down to my 15 year old as he grows into it.
Quote Reply
Re: QR SRFIVE (Aero Road Bike) [tickyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tickyboy wrote:
Have to agree. I look at the new Scott addict rc ultegra at $3500 and, while I like the looks of the QR, have to wonder what's the extra $800 for?

Yeah, Scott recently made some pricing adjustments, at least in the US, that have their mid-range road bikes looking like really strong values. I've been sniffing around for an endurance road bike. The Scott Addict 10 disc stands out as a screaming bargain at $2500 with nearly a full Utegra groupset, including the Ultegra-level brake rotors. The only things they skimped on were a 105-level cassette and chain. That substantially undercuts comparable offerings by the major brands, even though most of them take more component shortcuts. Even Giant, who typically undercut Trek/Cannondale/Specialized in any given segment by 10-20%, can't compete. A similarly positioned Defy Advanced, with RS510 crankset, cheaper brake rotors, and a KMC chain, is $2950.

Back to the SRFive, I really do really appreciate that they offer it as a stand-alone frameset at a pretty reasonable price. And it looks like they offer some flexibility with the build spec if you order a full bike. At a given build level, there aren't any menu choices other than paint scheme, frame size, and wheels, but there is a dialog box to enter additional requests. If you hover over the "?" above the box, this message appears:

"LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC CRANK LENGTH, SADDLE OR GEARING ON YOUR NEW QR? ADDITIONAL CHARGES MAY APPLY. CHAT WITH US NOW AND WE'LL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE!"

The implicaiton is you can ask for the crank length, stem length, and handlebar width of your choice at no cost, and maybe cassette cluster too. It also looks like they'll try to accommodate other spec deviation requests fairly.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: QR SRFIVE (Aero Road Bike) [hrynkow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d love to see some photos of your SRFive if you don’t mind.

What do you love about it? What build did you go with?

I just ordered one last week and I’m hoping it’ll get here this month.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: QR SRFIVE (Aero Road Bike) [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Last edited by: LazyEP: Jun 3, 20 14:39
Quote Reply
Re: QR SRFIVE (Aero Road Bike) [LazyEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice!
Quote Reply
Re: QR SRFIVE (Aero Road Bike) [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:

I know this always splits opinions and I understand not wanting to spec a top end build with cheap OEM wheels. BUT if you go down the sales route of giving the consumer options I would actually give them options. Let them select from what you have available even if you don't agree with there selection. In my opinion you shouldn't be willing to sell parts on cheap bikes you are then embarrassed to sell to a consumer on higher end builds assuming they pick it.

the folks at QR are very easy to work with regarding substitutions and whatnot.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply