Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR PRfive+TriRig Alpha One vs. PRsix
Quote | Reply
Set out to build up a new tri bike for my wife as she decided she wanted to give this sport a try after supporting me for many years. Based on some rough fit numbers we identified a few that would work for her and she ended up picking the QR (the Neutron paint might have had something to do with it.) There was a $1k price deference between the "five" and the "six" but decided on going with the "five" and adding a the TriRig Alpha One bar for more fit flexibility and not having to deal with the fully integrated front end of the "six" (I ride the AlphaX and have loved the setup.) Anyway, picked up a mech Ultegra "PRfive 6800" bike for $3k during QRs closeout sale and orders the TriRig Alpha One. The cost of the Alpha One was the exact difference between the five and six... so in the end the net cost is the same. I pulled off the mechanical 6800 and tossed on some TT di2 components I had laying around (mix of 6870 and 8050/70.) My hope was that I could get the Tririg bar to match up with the PRfive bento.. much like the PRsix's design does. Turns out it fits perfectly with two aero spacers on the bar, almost like these two things were designed to fit together. All wires, cables and junctions are hidden and tucked away, turned out really nice. It has been about 10 years since I have owned a QR bike and I am very impressed with the latest design. In the end my wife ended up with beautiful bike that is quite aero. Less than $4k with the black Friday sales (plus some extra $$ to go di2 if we didn't ready have extra parts) and she ended up with a pretty sweet ride. I went with the rim brake version since it was cheaper and will allow us to share race wheels, etc (my bike is rim.) For now I set her up with some HED Jet5 blacks from MBS to help her get us to aero wheels. Still working on dialing in her fit and comfort, trying different saddles, etc. Love the easy adjustability of the Alpha One, makes trying new positions super easy.

Last edited by: gregtay: Dec 8, 18 11:35
Quote Reply
Re: QR PRfive+TriRig Alpha One vs. PRsix [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s a beauty!
What is that string hanging out the bento box?
Quote Reply
Re: QR PRfive+TriRig Alpha One vs. PRsix [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
It’s a beauty!
What is that string hanging out the bento box?

That’s the string for the bento zipper.

Bike looks better with the bars lower and the ISM seat on it but my wife didn’t like the ISM so we tossed her Spec Power on there till we figure out what works for her.

Quote | Reply
Very slick build! 👍🏻
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is the correct answer

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just did something similar with a Felt IA. For the price of upgrading to the next level spec bike, I was able to throw on Alpha X bars, omega x brakes, and upgrade to di2. Afternoon worth of work and you get much better bang for your buck. Looks great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Freaking beautiful! Well done.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now THAT is love! Well done! Sweet build!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: QR PRfive+TriRig Alpha One vs. PRsix [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KG6 wrote:
Just did something similar with a Felt IA. For the price of upgrading to the next level spec bike, I was able to throw on Alpha X bars, omega x brakes, and upgrade to di2. Afternoon worth of work and you get much better bang for your buck. Looks great!

And there is a ton of confidence that comes on race morning when you how the bike came together and that everything is ready to go. 😊