Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR PR5 Build Issue
Quote | Reply
I just ordered a QR PR5, and hope someone from QR can provide input here (maybe a Slowman nudge). The bike arrived with the DI2 wires run on the OUTSIDE of the aero bars. This from a company touting all internal cables on other bikes. I own a 2018 PR5, and it has these wired through the bars just like the entire world expects. So imagine my shock when I was told "our previous models have the Profile Designs previous generation handlebar, but their latest offering does not have the internal routing hole mid-way through the aero bar (clip-on) so as a group, we decided to externally route the housing/ di2 wires'. WTF?

So Profile Design makes an aero bar which can't run cables down the inside? Really? I'd just like to know if QR is blowing smoke up my saddle, or Profile Design has lost their minds.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Re: QR PR5 Build Issue [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which base bar?
Just about any bar can handle a Di2 and brake housing.
Sounds like the boys in the build factory got lazy or misdirected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any pic to illustrate this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
call whomever you talked to with sales.

i recently went through a purchase / return with QR. Your sales point of contact SHOULD be able to help with any tech issues.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased a new PRFive this spring on-line, but mine is the model with mechanical Ultegra. When it arrived, the shift cables were routed on the outside bottom of the PD T4 aerobars. The cables were also long with plenty of extra length between the rear of the bars and the entry hole in the top tube. I've seen the same routing with Di2 wires in the showroom of a few LBS.

I just assumed they route them externally and extra long at the factory, because they know most people are going to tweak their setup with spacers, different length stems, aerobars forward and back, etc. External routing makes all those tweaks a little easier.

The day mine arrived, I swapped to longer stem, removed all the spacers from under the stem, cut the excess steerer tube off, and re-cabled the shifters through the aerobars. There was an entry hole in the T4 bars just like any other bars. I was glad to have the extra length of shift cables from the factory, because I added quite a bit of reach in my setup process.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a QR5 this year and the DI2 was run outside the bars too. However, it didn’t bother me though because the first change I made was taking off the aluminum base bar and extensions and replaced them with carbon fiber. Sorry I can’t be much help but to confirm that is how they are shipping them out. There are internal routing holes in the base bar and extensions if you want to try and refeed them through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David_Tris wrote:
I just ordered a QR PR5, and hope someone from QR can provide input here (maybe a Slowman nudge). The bike arrived with the DI2 wires run on the OUTSIDE of the aero bars. This from a company touting all internal cables on other bikes. I own a 2018 PR5, and it has these wired through the bars just like the entire world expects. So imagine my shock when I was told "our previous models have the Profile Designs previous generation handlebar, but their latest offering does not have the internal routing hole mid-way through the aero bar (clip-on) so as a group, we decided to externally route the housing/ di2 wires'. WTF?

So Profile Design makes an aero bar which can't run cables down the inside? Really? I'd just like to know if QR is blowing smoke up my saddle, or Profile Design has lost their minds.

Let me help you spend some more money: Pull the aerobar off, sell it on ST classifies for a few bucks and toss on a Tririg Alpha One. You will end up zero cables exposed along with a bike that is cleaner than a PR6.