Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pulling information out of TrainingPeaks
Quote | Reply
I'd like to be able to graph time spent in certain zones over a date range like 6 months leading up to a race, etc. Is this too granular? Not sure exactly where to start, and would appreciate some input. Ultimately I'd like to see if my training to date has been pyramidal, polarized, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling information out of TrainingPeaks [ahuebel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are three charts available on the dashboard that do exactly that:

Time in heart rate zones
Time in power zones
Time in speed zones

There are also "... By week" versions that will give a stacked bar graph for each week.

These can be filtered by sport and charted over and desired time frame...including either specific dates or ranges that are relative to the current date (last month, last 28 days, last 90 days, etc).
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling information out of TrainingPeaks [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok thanks. Any way to change the zones? I'm trying to create something similar to what Stephen Seiler shows in some of his research to see how my distribution fell. He uses a 3 zone model. I already have problems though, and that is I didnt consistently wear a HRM over the past year.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling information out of TrainingPeaks [ahuebel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zones are defined within the settings pages. You can set hr/powr/pace zones for each sport separately.

I do t know the details of how tp uses those zones to track these graphs over time. HR zones are relatively invariat, but power/pace obviously are not.

My guess is that tp computes the zones for each workout at the time the workout is uploaded based on the zone settings at that time. Then the reports are just totalling the summary data. I know that it works that was for TSS, et al... And can be force to recalculate a workout individually of the zones are changed after the fact.

Not sure about such a simplified set of zones... Haven't tried to do that.
Quote Reply