Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Public Air Pumps/Bike Washes in Amsterdam
Quote | Reply
Kind of a weird question, but is it easy to find public air pumps in Amsterdam for bikes? Places to wash your bike? Just wondering since bikes are so prevalent there and trying to minimize stuff I'm taking. Thanks!

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Public Air Pumps/Bike Washes in Amsterdam [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you'd find many public air pumps anywhere in the netherlands. If any i'd expect them to be at guarded bike parkings, but most common city bikes have different valves. I'd just go to a bike store here and borrow or buy a pump, then you wont have to take it either. Bike wash ... I'd just ask at the place where youre staying for a brush and a bucket of water. You can buy cheap one use linnen towels at most supermarkets.
Quote Reply
Re: Public Air Pumps/Bike Washes in Amsterdam [Remco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What he says. There not openly for use. You can ask bike stores if you can borrow a pump. Best solution is to buy 1. There not expensive
For bike washing there are car was places with powerjet washers but i dont think tjats good for your bike....

Ride hard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Public air pumps for bikes are everywhere in the Netherlands. Seriously, you'll find pumps out the middle of the woods here sometimes attached to little huts to use.

Almost every bike shop has a pump chained near the front door for public use. There's a number that even have automated air systems. Finding air isn't an issue here (though, be sure to at least look at the valve first, since sometimes they'll be Dutch values and won't work on your road bike). Most bike parking garages have pumps as well in them. And if all else fails, you can swing by the DCR Cave and I've got a couple.

Bike washes though...hmm, I haven't looked for that. But I don't remember seeing any stick out. And I haven't finished building mine yet. On my to-do list.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Public Air Pumps/Bike Washes in Amsterdam [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that before or after the pizza oven to-do list?

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: Public Air Pumps/Bike Washes in Amsterdam [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it's allowed to occur concurrently since it's like church vs state (home vs work). In fact, The Girl hooked me up with the plumber dude that needs to run the water lines to the right spot. So, I take that as tacit approval of this to occur, even if the pizza list status is slow moving.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Last edited by: dcrainmaker: Apr 1, 19 6:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems the initial question is answered, but figured to add on top that if you're riding in Amsterdam there's 2 main cycling shops that you can stop through if you want your coffee/local cycling scene flavor - Rapha's got an Amsterdam locale, and Maats is a locally owned shop

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use self car wash called autoradam on newpoortkade 5

You buy a couple of tokens at the petrol station and you use the spray jet for, wash, De grease, wax, shine etc... Works great

For pump you can pick one up at any of 100 bike shops for cheap
Quote Reply