Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Protein Bar Recommendation
Quote | Reply
Looking for a good protein bar, hopefully not something so dry I need a liter of water to wash it down with, that i can have in the mornings for breakfast after my workout. Found Robert Irvine (show Restaurant Impossible) at Costco were surprisingly good but like to switch it up so I'm not eating the same bar day after day. Please let me know what's out there that is worth giving a shot
Thnx
Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the Kirkland brand protein bars from Costco. Good amount of protein, low sugar. It took me a few bars to get used to them because they're not very sweet, but that also keeps my kids from stealing them. :) Not sure if you would find them too dry or not...I usually drink about 3/4 of a bike bottle of water with mine and that's plenty for me. I like the chocolate brownie / cookie dough pack better than the peanut butter one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big fan of Quest protein bars. Chocolate chip and oatmeal cookie are my two favorites.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Larabars are incredible. 11 grams of protein, 220-230 calories, and 0-2 grams of added sugar. They have pea protein and a lot of natural ingredients like dates and nuts. They are smaller bars and very soft and moist. They're super easy to eat even during activity.
Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [ntl_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We just bought a box but I'm yet to open them. Glad to hear they taste good
Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'll look to pick one up. Might try the oatmeal from them as I tend to lean towards the chocoalte/pb from everyone else
Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny, always thought these were marketed towards the female athlete. guess the name threw me off but happy to try any bars at this point. thanks!
as a Raw Vegan, what do you mix in your bottles during a workout?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s fuels bars are great.
Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never heard of those. not much sugar, good amt of protein. flavors sound good. where do you find those?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pjohn wrote:
funny, always thought these were marketed towards the female athlete. guess the name threw me off

They might be, but so what? If they have the right stuff for you, and the price is good, given them a try

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: May 12, 21 8:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
make sure the bars have no canola, soy oil or monoglycerides in them (transfat) - cause you might as well eat snickers with some whey protein on the side.

i second on quest and kirkland being some of the top bars. some of them taste good when you freeze them.

if you are vegan, "no cow bars" are very good at keep the carbs low

rx bar is a good one if you need some carbs in the mix
Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just heard about No Cow bars this week for the first time. Thanks for all the info!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here is a great write up on Built Bars: https://tenpicks.com/built-bar-review/

I learned about them watching (swimmers) Cody Miller's vlogs. I'm a fan. I presume the cody10 discount still works l (10% off).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've become a fan of Perfect Bars.
Little pricey, but all-natural and actually taste good.

https://perfectsnacks.com/collections/all?utm_medium=src&utm_source=google-ads&utm_campaign=perfectsnacks&utm_term=&utm_content=&gclid=CjwKCAjw-e2EBhAhEiwAJI5jg_dhJgLGMEyiRadhLe4_eEmvVcwwht8rOl5GWCDxAZ4HJsu9t9j9JRoCWqQQAvD_BwE

Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually get Vega, Kirkland, RxBar and Caveman bars. All of them are good.
Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [ayontz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ayontz wrote:

https://perfectsnacks.com/collections/all?utm_medium=src&utm_source=google-ads&utm_campaign=perfectsnacks&utm_term=&utm_content=&gclid=CjwKCAjw-e2EBhAhEiwAJI5jg_dhJgLGMEyiRadhLe4_eEmvVcwwht8rOl5GWCDxAZ4HJsu9t9j9JRoCWqQQAvD_BwE

Costco sells these.
Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats good to know!
Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
always enjoyed Vega for drinks but never gave their bars a shot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ayontz wrote:

wouldnt call them protein bars... the other macros are higher than protein. i like them too, only problem is they need to be refrigerated all the time or become mush
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marigold Bars

https://www.marigoldbars.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-e2EBhAhEiwAJI5jg9Age36WGHg9FOd-P8shHtGEVxrNWWoVSfndDP7lLuzizlQrsuZ8gBoCmMQQAvD_BwE

- from a small operation on west coast (Oregon?) but they'll specialty mail them to you.

-a bit on the expensive side

-can be overly chewy, but certainly not dry and taste great

- i use them cause of my many food sensitivities
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Pure Protein bars. I use their protein powder in my post swim breakfast shake.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pjohn wrote:
funny, always thought these were marketed towards the female athlete. guess the name threw me off but happy to try any bars at this point. thanks!
as a Raw Vegan, what do you mix in your bottles during a workout?

The funny thing is that I thought the same, buy my gf corrected me and told me Luna Bars are the ones marketed to women. Lmbo!

In terms of workouts, straight water and sometimes a sugar free Red Bull mixed with water. I use Lara bars, Fig Newtons,, and Shot Bloks on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wanted to like Built bars. Some flavors were good and there are some unique choices. But they have an unpleasant texture to me. Dense and tooth packingly chewy. There if also something a bit slimy to them, maybe sugar alcohols and or glycerin? Never ordered box number 2.
Quote Reply
Re: Protein Bar Recommendation [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
I like Pure Protein bars. I use their protein powder in my post swim breakfast shake.

Me, too! I go for protein/calorie and these are pretty good, plus not expensive plus a moderately wide choice of flavors. I also like their protein shakes. Same deal - 30 g of protein per package where some common competition is 20g. I also like that some bars are not chocolate-based. Lemon, birthday cake come to mind right away.
Quote Reply

Prev Next