Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Props to GITA (Merckx, Giordana, et al)
Quote | Reply
So often we read complaints when companies drop the ball ... rarely, it seems, do we read about the company that does something right. GITA is one of those companies that did the right thing, even though they didn't have to.

The short version:

My wife bought me a Merckx Team Sc frame over the summer as an early 30th birthday present. Love the Wife, love the bike. Life is good. Almost immediately I start having problems with the fork. Long story short, end up developing a crack in the steerer tube from an overtightened Thomson stem (be carefull with this stem ... it's a very nice stem with a very powerful clamp). I replaced the Merckx fork with a Reynolds (with matching rake and nearly identical length). For the hell of it, I call GITA to see about sending the fork back to them, since they are the Merckx importer. I send the fork back and they agree to warranty it, pretty much no questions asked. But ... I've already got a fork on the bike I'm perfectly happy with. So, GITA agrees to send me a bunch of clothing instead, which I can definately use. A few days later (today), I get the clothing and discover they even threw in a Merckx ball cap, that I didn't even ask for and no one ever mentioned.

GITA = good people.

Thought I'd share.

jason

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply