Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
Ideally I want the entire system but not sure if the stem will work well with the Orbea Ordu OMP's spacer.

the guys at Orbea tried it out, I'll ask what the outcome was.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing, Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The answer I received:
"The stem was too deep in the rear so the cover would not fit unless the rear of the cover was modified"

So it's not a straight plug and play, but not impossible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. If it fits by creating a cutout in the rear, then it's actually pretty good. Even if i create a mess in the bad of the spacer, it won't show.

I think I'll have to wait for this to be in stock at a LBS near me, so I can measure it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Red Baron wrote:
Is there room for a Di2 junction inside it?

mine arrived yesterday and will fit over the weekend.

To answer my own question, yes it looks like a Di2 junction should fit ok inside (in the 100mm version anyway) though i'll need to get another for charging without having to take the bars out.

One concern i do have is whether the rear brake cable and 2 x di2 wires will fit through the same cable routing hole at the bar end of the stem. (I'm using a 3T Aura)

there's a larger hole further back on the right side of the stem but I run my back brake on the left hand lever so it's no use :/ Guess I'll just have to give it a go and see..

EDIT: does look like the routing should work fine:

My second concern is the weight. Weighs an absolute ton!
Last edited by: The Red Baron: Jul 21, 17 1:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this note. I am looking to get this stem but will now have to recalculate based on the angles you provided.

Quick question. Does the future feature to which you referred apply to both stem lengths or only one of the two?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [michaer27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michaer27 wrote:
Quick question. Does the future feature to which you referred apply to both stem lengths or only one of the two?

Yes, both lengths.
happy to help with the calculations if you like. Or, if you just change your calcs to XY based (stem Y from base of steerer clamp to centre of bar clamp is 12mm) you'll be on the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello cyclenutnz, i bought the whole aeria ulimate stem/handlebar combo (70mm) an have some questions:

1. Do I need to install the bridge (holder for bta bottle) in any case for stability reasons? I would like not to install it but I'm not sure because i mounted 6cm of stack spacers under the armpads!

2. What is that item for that is mounted on the underside of your aeria stem?

3. Do you have a suggestion for mounting a blipbox as aero as possibile. Right know mine is mounted on the bta- bridge behind my garmin.

(I woul love to install rather than the bridge a plate that is positioned directly under the arm pads (like the tririg armpads). So I could hide the blip box under the plate. And the higher plate would be in the sliostream of my hands. Then I could also mount garmin higher for better reading)

4. What will you show with the link you posted in one of your posts regarding the blipbox topic?
The link opens a site for carbon luggage!?

Thank you!
Last edited by: heiko6376: Aug 20, 17 14:06
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [heiko6376] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heiko6376 wrote:
1. Do I need to install the bridge (holder for bta bottle) in any case for stability reasons? I would like not to install it but I'm not sure because i mounted 6cm of stack spacers under the armpads!

With that spacer stack it would be best to install the bridge.

Quote:
2. What is that item for that is mounted on the underside of your aeria stem?

This thread should give you a clue

Quote:
(I would love to install rather than the bridge a plate that is positioned directly under the arm pads (like the tririg armpads). So I could hide the blip box under the plate. And the higher plate would be in the slipstream of my hands. Then I could also mount garmin higher for better reading)

What I've done for for some aerobars is have aluminium plate cut by waterjet locally (it's cheaper than CNC) in the same style as tririg with the bolt spacing specific to that bar. I'm pretty sure the first set of bolts are at 170mm width.

Quote:
3. Do you have a suggestion for mounting a blipbox as aero as possibile. Right know mine is mounted on the bta- bridge behind my garmin.
4. What will you show with the link you posted in one of your posts regarding the blipbox topic?
The link opens a site for carbon luggage!?

That was me trying to be funny by saying that the blipbox is so big that it needs a full sized suitcase.
I haven't worked with a blipbox to have any strong suggestions. If you have a bike with top tube mounts I'd be looking at putting the blipbox inside a Bento box - the ATTK IC is set up to make it easier to do this cleanly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm struggling to see from any of the photos if the aeria stem has an integrated cable stop for centre pull breaks like the tririg omega?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [benb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
benb wrote:
I'm struggling to see from any of the photos if the aeria stem has an integrated cable stop for centre pull breaks like the tririg omega?

It does, there is a stop that threads in to the exit hole on the underside. What I'm not clear on is whether that piece is included with the stem (I've had people ask me what it's for, so I think it does) - will check.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Credit to Profile Design for creating this stem, but they really need to publish some diagrams and pictures to show how the cabling works if they expect people to fork out $150 on a stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been pushing for better instructions in general. Only realised this morning how sparse the instructions for aeria ultimate bar and stem are.
Info about cable routing and setup is going to get much better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This stem would be lovely on my shiv. I am pretty sure I could make the fit work. With Etap and a the integrated bottle, I would have my dream bike. Any idea when the bottle will be available?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello cyclenutnz,

Do you know if the aeria ultimate aerobar and stem has any fit/installation issues with the cervelo p5-6 or is it fully compatible? I want to pull the trigger on it but just want to make sure its fully compatible - magura brakes, beard cover etc?

Thank you in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [bilalm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 3t Aduro is the only bar that fits with the beard
So your only way of using any other stem is to sacrifice the beard unfortunately
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
benb wrote:

It does, there is a stop that threads in to the exit hole on the underside. What I'm not clear on is whether that piece is included with the stem (I've had people ask me what it's for, so I think it does) - will check.

I ordered the stem and confirm that the cable stop does not come with the stem. Seriously?! I mean WTF? What were PD thinking?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
benb wrote:
I ordered the stem and confirm that the cable stop does not come with the stem. Seriously?! I mean WTF? What were PD thinking?

Clearly someone didn't think it through. USA has now ordered the stops as individual parts (will be a couple of months before they land) and the stem will come with it in future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the plus side. It's so heavy, I can use it as a paper weight or door stop while I wait for PD to finish making it.

If I'd known I was going to have to buy it in installments, I wouldn't have bothered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turns out that the parts shipped express and are in the USA already. PM me your address and I'll let the USA team know where to send a cable stop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks mate. That's very kind of you. PM incoming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the Aeria bar works with the P5 Magura RT6/RT8 brake levers?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [gfzyriek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gfzyriek wrote:
Anyone know if the Aeria bar works with the P5 Magura RT6/RT8 brake levers?

Yes it does. Saw this on Instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/BYXc0cNF_oS/

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent! Thanks, Alex.

I got nervous when I was about the pull the trigger on a set of 3T Revo's then saw they are not compatible with the Magura hydraulic levers. I did not want to make that $1,000 mistake with the Aerias.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design aeria ultimate stem? [gfzyriek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh, I was so disappointed to find out the Maguras and Revos were not compatible. It was going to make for an ultimate descending bike!

I opted for the Maguras over the Revo, because, ya know, once you go hydro....

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next