Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Service ROCKS!
Quote | Reply
I had an aerobar bracket break on me recently during a ride. Fortunately I was just easing into the bars on a flat and not slamming into them before a downhill, so the snap resulted in nothing more than me observing that, "Oops, my bracket and pad just fell off - better circle back and pick them up."

I emailed Profile Design via their web site section regarding replacement parts. They didn't respond within five days or so, and I wrote back again, this time trying to keep my cool and persuade them of the urgency of my need to replace the bracket and offering to pay any cost necessary as I have a race soon.

I got an email reply asking for the specific model and year. I wasn't sure, so I took a couple digital photos and sent them in my reply, and the rep. at Profile said he'd send my replacement brackets via express mail.

Sure enough, yesterday they arrived via Fedex.

I live in Taiwan. Profile ate the expense of the replacement brackets and international express shipping.

I liked the bars before, but now I like the company even more. Just a happy story I thought I'd share.

-David in Taipei
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Service ROCKS! [tri_taiwan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same treatment from them. My seat post had a defective part. I sent them an email I was riding a couple days later. They will get more of my money with that great service.

Slowtwitch bitchist place on planet earth
Quote Reply
Syntace too [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar experience with Syntace. They replaced screws which I lost and a damaged plastic elbow pad support. The equipment was out of warranty, but they did it anyway.

Syntace is a class act. Now if they would just get their website together.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Service ROCKS! [tri_taiwan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I had an aerobar bracket break on me recently during a ride. -David in Taipei[/reply]

Are you using Carbon Strykes? I had the same problem with mine and Profile sent me free replacements and paid for the shipping.

It's nice to see the part has been redesigned, so there won't be a repeat of the problem.

=====================================
It's ALL about the bike!
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Service ROCKS! [asd99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I was using the Split Second AL bars. Ugly but I like them. Like the flip-up brackets for a road bike.
Quote Reply