Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Designs FC System (front hydration) failed again during a 70.3!
Quote | Reply
Twice now during a race the silicone 2 piece cap blew right off the top of the Profile Designs FC System unit after hitting a bump on the Ironman 70.3 Couer D'Alene bike course yesterday. Happened right after bike mount, rode 100 yards hit a bump and poof half my hydration gone and the rest splashing out in my face. This happened before and I spent the 5 dollars for a replacement plus 5 dollars shipping. Not alot of $ but wondering if anyone has a solution? To be specific its the two little half moon inserts in the top that you add fluid into (pic attached). They are not meant to be water proof but rather a splash gaurd, if they dont fly off first. I was thinking of taping them in place but for a 121 dollar hydration bottle you'd think this would not be a problem.

Thanks,

Tom
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs FC System (front hydration) failed again during a 70.3! [CDA70.32021] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best solution, and a much less expensive solution, is throw that piece of crap away. Just zip tie a bottle cage between your extensions. Usually tests faster in the tunnel as well.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs FC System (front hydration) failed again during a 70.3! [CDA70.32021] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you installing the cover over the splashguard?
Have a look at this video
If they're bouncing out that easily it sounds like you may have them sitting on top of the cover?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs FC System (front hydration) failed again during a 70.3! [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Are you installing the cover over the splashguard?
Have a look at this video
If they're bouncing out that easily it sounds like you may have them sitting on top of the cover?
I made this mistake myself once, and had the same experience as the OP. This is definitely the issue.
No way those 2 rubber pieces are coming off when they're installed correctly (under the top plastic piece).
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs FC System (front hydration) failed again during a 70.3! [st001rtg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Thanks all, yes that was the problem didnt have them under the top plastic piece. Well you know, $hit happens I guess. We all make mistakes :-)

Thanks for everyones replies!

Tom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CDA70.32021 wrote:
Ha! Thanks all, yes that was the problem didnt have them under the top plastic piece. Well you know, $hit happens I guess. We all make mistakes :-)

Thanks for everyones replies!

Tom

So the system didn’t fail after all.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs FC System (front hydration) failed again during a 70.3! [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Code 18 failure, in IT terms.

Quote Reply