Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Design J4 Bracket
Quote | Reply
I bought a Canyon Speedmax CF 7.0 that came with Profile Design J4 brackets and F35 arm pads. Even if I put the brackets right against my stem and mount the arm pads on their narrowest setting, I can get my arm pads as narrow as I would like.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get them narrower without buying new brackets?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design J4 Bracket [Bulldogjcz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about switching the brackets? Left on the right and right on the left.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the F40TT armrests and possibly the J5 brackets as well (Supersonic).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The minimum pad width on the J4/F35 combo is 140mm more than the extension width. If you've jammed the bracket against the stem you might be at 70mm for extensions - meaning 210mm is the narrowest the pads can go.

If you fit an Ergo armrest that increment becomes 62mm as the narrowest.

So you could now widen the extensions to a more reasonable 85mm and have a min pad width of 147mm.

Further, the shape of the Ergo is such that the centre to centre measurement is actually where you contact the pad (unless you really push against the outside of the cup). Whereas the flat nature of the F35 means that the centre measurement is somewhat inboard of where your arms will lie. I can't find a drawing of the F35 to demonstrate, I'd estimate the actual contact to be 10-20mm outside the pad centre.

Thus, in effect, the Ergo armrest will get you 100-120mm narrower than the F35 and provide finer adjustment for refining your position.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design J4 Bracket [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the responses. I really like the look of the Ergo arm pads. I think I'll try that option.
Quote Reply