Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Design Aerobar Angled riser adapter
Quote | Reply
Hey all!

I've been looking to no avail for an angled adapter for this style of Profile design Aerobar risers

https://www.performancebike.com/...se-ac20riskt/p981203

Does anyone know where I can find a set? As of right now I have the entire riser rotated back in order to raise my hand position.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aerobar Angled riser adapter [Fubar44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There isn't one and it's not possible to make one that would fit nicely into the stack.
You may be able to find an aftermarket option that could fit in there but PD has no intention of pursuing something like that at this point
The PD solution to tilt without rotating the stack is semi integrated bars like the Wing20C+
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aerobar Angled riser adapter [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is what I'm working with.

https://drive.google.com/...7T/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/...TS/view?usp=drivesdk

Currently have the Profile Design Pro SVET base bar with risers and the PD T3 aerobars.
Last edited by: Fubar44: Jan 31, 23 17:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any problem with your setup?
If the reduction in reach because of tilt is an issue - you have J2 brackets so the pad clamps can be moved forward to compensate
The only thing that is hard to fix is the decrease in Pad Y as it looks like you're at max with the risers
Aside from that, tilting the whole stack is only an aesthetic issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a bit of mixture between asthetics and the fact that I wanted to try hands a bit higher without rotating it back too far. Or should I just pick a different aerobar extension?

If a different aerobar extention would be warranted do you have any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish PD would make something like the attached photos. Angled spacer attaches to bracket then arm cup attaches to spacer. My homemade ones work but would rather have some “real” ones from PD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMHO, if you go higher, you need to swap out the base bar for one that has "pairs" of holes through the wing sections for the risers vs the round 31.8 mm center section you're currently mounting to.

The twisting torque becomes really high, and you have to use a clamping force so great it risks crushing that 31.8mm center section (if it's carbon).

If they do slip, it can get really exciting if you're going fast!!!
Last edited by: Hanginon: Feb 1, 23 8:11
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aerobar Angled riser adapter [Khines1996] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a PD wedge adaptor, but it's not for PD aerobars

It is for other aerobars that don't tilt (that have M5 bolts) and converts to using M6 bolts for PD armrests

The reason there isn't one for PD bars is that all PD models from the past 5 years have inbuilt tilt. Yes it can look odd if you tilt clipons too much, but most people aren't pushing that boundary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my homemade tilt blocks to increase the angle of the pads independent of the extensions. I think that is what the OP was hoping to find.
The PD tilt blocks that you pictured but were orientated to be used with PD brackets/extensions is want people are asking for.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aerobar Angled riser adapter [Khines1996] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately it's not worth making an adaptor for the old brackets (pre 2016) from a business perspective
The adaptor I showed was a 'testing the waters' scenario for making adaptive items. It hasn't justified going further down that path.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a whole new system that has independent tilt. so stack and angle won't affect reach. testing it now
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aerobar Angled riser adapter [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What system are you trying out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pm jmcolp on fb and I'll show pics new culprit hardware
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! I know TriRig makes these: https://tririg.com/...amp;_ss=e&_v=1.0

These would go on the your arm cup mounting brackets - then you arm cups would attach the angled spacer, I think. TriRig does a good job of the hole spacing measurements being listed so you can make sure they are compatible with your setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aerobar Angled riser adapter [JayTeeee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those won't work, the brackets the OP has require side by side bolts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the input! Looks like I'll just stick with what I have currently. Once I upgrade bikes I'll be sure to look at the aerobar setup prior to buying.
Quote Reply