Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Problems with my Polar 625x
Quote | Reply
Ok i have a 625x thats about 2 years old. Im having issues with it picking up the HR from the chest strap. it picks up sporatic signals when i first hit the red button then like 10 min into my workout its fine...i dont get it. Ive changed batteries in the strap, used a different strap, theres no low battery light on the wrist unit, i make sure the strap is wet when i put it on. Anyone else had this problem???
Quote Reply
Re: Problems with my Polar 625x [r1willyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem with mine after about a year. Polar replaced the transmitter and watch batteries and tested it and said it was ok yet I would still get the problem you describe. I tried cleaning the strap, cleaning contacts, using special gel for HR monitors on my skin, making sure strap was soaking wet before use etc etc and none worked. Luckily I have a mate with a 625x and by a process of elimination I figured the transmitter was faulty. I got a new one direct from Polar for about US$50 and that resolved the problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Problems with my Polar 625x [NoBrakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i thought the same thing a bad transmitter in the chest strap...but i tried a different chest strap to no avail
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you changed he batteries in watch and transmitter? Have you tried a different transmitter and strap? Have you tried someones elses polar S625 or 725 with your strap and transmitter?

P.S. I reckon I damaged my transmitter throwing it down on the tiles in the shower everytime I took it off in the shower
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find this strangely ironic (or just not an isolated incident) that I come on here to see some others having difficulty with their 625X.

I bought mine last March, last used it in November...and every thing was fine for that whole period of time. I pull it out in Jan. and find out it had stopped reading. I also changed the transmitter battery but still nothing. Sent it to Polar, and they send it back saying everything is fine, but they changed the battery also, just in case. I pull it out of the box and it still won't work. Following some thorough hand washing of the strap, it now works.

Perhaps it was a combination of factors...I just hope this doesn't become a recurring trend.

That being said, I like it for most of it's functions (some of the others get to be too tedious for me). I've been eyeing up the comments on the Garmin 405 since I feel that's where I will be going in the future (having the GPS seems like a plus to me). Here's to hoping that the Garmin 505 (or whatever) will be waterproof and improved functionality...as well as that sleek n sexy look.

Peter

Peter
http://www.trirochester.com

"The hills will find you out." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply