Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Problem with an old Powertap
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have an old Cyclops Powertap wired bought second hand 5 years ago. I never rode it before and now I laced a wheels in order to see if it's ok.

I have the transmission signal on, but I can have only the speed, nothing about cadence nor power.

Do you have an old troubleshooting for this issue?

Thanks a lot
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with an old Powertap [jpinheiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How old?
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with an old Powertap [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think one of the older version, with a black cap with 2 bolts, alloy made and the LYC (little yellow computer)
When I turn on the LYC it displays Pro, version 4.07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is one of the older version.

It takes type N battery, I can't remember if it's one of two. Can you verify the battery is good? I used to go through those quickly.

Next, it may need an initial zero. When I used to change back and forth between two older ones with the LYC I had to do a manual zero. I think it was holding one of the buttons for 5 seconds for a screen to appear then press the other, have to find the manual.
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with an old Powertap [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hub batteries are new.
The LYC is a strange version because it's ready for the wireless version as well.
Since I remove the batteries from the hub there is no signal, and with the batteries I have the speed, so i think it doesn´t look a problem with the batteries
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had two LYC's, they were both for wired units.

There were contacts on the mounts that needed to have a good contact with the LYC. Check those out.

Were you able to get to a manual zero mode?
Quote Reply