Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pro missile evo vs 3t ventus ii
Quote | Reply
Whuch one is more comfortable?

I like the look of the 3t but the extensions are straight and might not be as comfortable?
Quote Reply
Re: Pro missile evo vs 3t ventus ii [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on the ventus you can change the extensions for whichever shape you like as 3T do straight, S, Ski and also the Hed Lazy S have the same OD so will fit, and the length is much more adjustable.
Pro missile EVO is less adjustable for extension length and you are stuck with the ovalized extensions

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Quote Reply
Re: Pro missile evo vs 3t ventus ii [undies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had Pro missile Evo, ProTOTYPE missile evo, 3T Ventus Team and 3T Ventus LTD. I have not tried the Ventus 2 yet.

My experience is that all the bars are amazing, but the Pro missile evo lets you adjust your position way more.

First of all you can change the stem and secondly you can move pads fore and aft and of raise either pads, extensions or both pads and extensions. You can even run extensions below the base bar for ultra low setup. With the ventus you are stuck with pads at a given height in relation to the extensions - as they are one and same cradle.

For the missile evo you can now also get two new parts:
The bridge set, which is 10x1cm spacers + a bridge to strengthen/stiffen the setup:
http://www.pro-bikegear.com/...ctCode-PRAB0018.html

and

Ski bend extensions:
http://www.pro-bikegear.com/...ctCode-PRAB0026.html
Which have become popular.

I do love the standard J-bend, they are probably what Tririg are mimicing in their "TriRig Gamma extensions".
http://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=gamma

I used my ventus bars with both the standard straight extensions and with zipp vuka s-bends. I found the straight ones to be too straineous on my wrists and the Vuka helped to solve that.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro missile evo vs 3t ventus ii [eigner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I guess for adjustability, the pro missile wins... but its a lot more expensive than the 3t... and then I still have to be a $350 stem... man they really get you hehe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the pro evo base bar and stem. They are expensive but are pretty amazing. I run di2 so routing the wires through the stem cleans EVERYTHING up. The stem and bar combo is pretty slick. Worth the investment. I am not too sure what it would look like if you didn't have di2 though. I am not sure if you could run all the cables through the stem. They are very adjustable as well...lots of shim options. Just make sure you know that there are left side and right side shims :)
Quote Reply
Re: Pro missile evo vs 3t ventus ii [eigner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also running the "prototype" missile evos.

A bit of a note, if you run the extensions underneath the base bar, you will have to use a spacer or 2 on the top if you want to get narrower.

Without the stiffener (first I heard of it!) they do have a bit of flex to them. Pretty sure its the base bar and not the stem, as I am using the solid metal plasma tt stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same friend in the med. shiv has the pro missile evo.....he loves it!

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply