Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ProMotion Wetsuits??
Quote | Reply
Newbie looking for first wetsuit without breaking the bank... Any thoughts on the comfort/performance/value of ProMotion wetsuits? Thanks!

James

jg

Quote Reply
Re: ProMotion Wetsuits?? [greenjt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought one last spring, raced one Oly and Utah and WI in it and it was the best value for money I think I have spent in this sport.

The service is incredible, the suit well made, we were unsure of the correct size so they sent one and said if that did not work they'd send another at no charge and let me figure out which one worked and return the one that did not.

It does not have the advantage of the T1 or the DOS but I figure that I can live with that for the money saved and the fact I could not afford those at the time and even if I had had one of those I might have swum what? 1.14-1.15 instead of 1.16 at Moooo. To me it was simply a financial decision and one I have no regrets about.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a ProMotion wetsuit last year and had no problems. I question why you would spend any more $$$ on a wetsuit. Put the extra cash toward entry fees so that you get more use out of the suit.

Great range of motion, nice service and quick delivery.
Quote Reply
Re: ProMotion Wetsuits?? [mhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've swam in a Roo, O' Neill and Promotion. 2 big thumbs up for the Promotion!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too own a ProMotion--which I bought for the exact same reasons as you--and I've been thrilled with it. The qulaity and durability, in particular, has been unparalleled: all of my friends have damaged their QR/DeSoto/Orca/Ironman suits in one way or another, but the ProMotion is still in like-new condition after two seasons (swimming in in twice weekly in the ocean for one season). The suit is extremely comfortable, with excellent quality rubber, great flotation, and great comfort. If you're looking to avoid breaking the bank, this is a great suit for it.

That said, if money is no issue for you, then the DeSoto suit is the way to go. When my ProMotion suit is no longer doing the job for me, that's what I plan to upgrade to (it helps that I'm better off financially than when I started doing tri's). If, however, money is as important an issue to you now as it was to me then, the ProMotion is the way to go.

Ben H

Christian, Husband, Father, Ranger, Triathlete
Quote Reply