Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ProBikeKit?
Quote | Reply
Anybody know what's going on with ProBikeKit?

I've used them for years. I've placed 3 orders this year. No issues with the first one, but took 2 weeks to deliver. Pretty normal. 2nd order took a little over a month to complete delivery. 3 separate shipments for 3 items.

3rd order was placed on August 23. 5 items. 2 were delivered in 2 weeks. 1 in 3 weeks, 1 in 4 weeks. At almost 6 weeks, the 5th item still hasn't shipped. Curiously, all delayed items remained available for purchase online. This includes the 5th item.

Not sure what's changed, but I likely will not order from them again.
Quote Reply
Re: ProBikeKit? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
Anybody know what's going on with ProBikeKit?

I've used them for years. I've placed 3 orders this year. No issues with the first one, but took 2 weeks to deliver. Pretty normal. 2nd order took a little over a month to complete delivery. 3 separate shipments for 3 items.

3rd order was placed on August 23. 5 items. 2 were delivered in 2 weeks. 1 in 3 weeks, 1 in 4 weeks. At almost 6 weeks, the 5th item still hasn't shipped. Curiously, all delayed items remained available for purchase online. This includes the 5th item.

Not sure what's changed, but I likely will not order from them again.

I fear that they are suffering from the same affliction that Evans have and Wiggle likely soon will. There is only so long that you can sell stock at cost price for before you run out of stock and have to essentially pre sell - it is a spiral. Bricks and mortar stores cannot compete with prices but triathletes and cyclists expect them to so they are closing at an insane rate because of sales falling off a cliff and costs rising rapidly. Online is not insulated from this but they've done it to themselves - the consumer is conditioned to expect things to be heavily discounted and many people wont spend on items that are not 30-40% off....this leaves no profit and thus it is unsustainable. As much as we all like to get things for cheap prices it will not last forever.
Quote Reply
Re: ProBikeKit? [jayski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've often wondered if they sell at cost or if exclusive suppliers keep prices artificially high in the US. In this case, 3 of the items were bar plugs. Regular bricks and mortar stores will have to find a way to buy in bulk or directly from the manufacturers. Retail has always been tough and it's changing fast. Glad I'm not in that business.

Pre-selling, when not disclosed reminds me of an old stock short-sell rhyme. He who sells what isn't hisn, buy it back or goes to prison.
Quote Reply
Re: ProBikeKit? [jayski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's a challenge for sure and many manufacturers, garmin, wahoo, whoever are on this constant cycle of release new products all the time and having people constantly upgrade. nowadays I hate paying a non-discounted price for something like a gps computer or trainer as I know it won't be more than a couple years before a new devices has new features that my device can't possibly be updated to take advantage of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drove me crazy earlier in the summer. I ordered a groupset. Received the wrong color ....and it wasn't even a real set - the RD was too small for the cassette. Still, it must have cost them quite a lot to ship to the US and i could have made it work, so was open to offers not to return it......but as they only offered $20 off if i kept it i decided to let them have it back. i can't remember all the return instructions but it involved agreeing to be home for a full day as they couldn't specify a time to pick up, and they wouldn't allow me to ship back UPS or USPS (when i could have dropped it off) because of the cost. i felt like i was having a lot of inconvenience as a result of their mistake

it also took a while to arrange as the person on the live chat wasn't empowered to to anything.

i get that they are running a low margin/high volume business but customer service was awful compared to some of the on-line sellers here in the US
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used them only once to buy Shimano MTB shoes that were about half the price vs US and significantly below the other good online shops like Wiggle, Chainreactioncycles and Merlin. It said they would ship in 2 weeks - it took about 4 weeks plus another to arrive. At the end of the day I got what I ordered at a great price but I wouldn't buy from them again because the long wait brings too much insecurity as you have no idea if your product will ever come, and when...
Quote Reply