Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Princeton Longevity Center? Comprehensive Preventive Exams?
Quote | Reply
With my company's open enrollment for 2019 about to open to be able to increase my HSA and also that my medical care for the past 5 decades have been to simply find a physician and/or clinic that has available hours when I need them, without really ever getting a thorough medical exam.

I think it is time to get one.

I have heard radio ads for Princeton Longevity Center with their Comprehensive Preventive Exams/Executive physicals that seems very detailed and takes all day, but in googling around there are comments that it is also there is a lot of elective/a la carte menu exams that are not know until you get there. Seems like the all-in price is around $3,000 - $4,000 and could be much higher

Anyone familiar with them? or similar medical clinics/centers ?
Quote Reply
Re: Princeton Longevity Center? Comprehensive Preventive Exams? [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
With my company's open enrollment for 2019 about to open to be able to increase my HSA and also that my medical care for the past 5 decades have been to simply find a physician and/or clinic that has available hours when I need them, without really ever getting a thorough medical exam.

I have heard radio ads for Princeton Longevity Center with their Comprehensive Preventive Exams/Executive physicals that seems very detailed and takes all day, but in googling around there are comments that it is also there is a lot of elective/a la carte menu exams that are not know until you get there. Seems like the all-in price is around $3,000 - $4,000 and could be much higher

With a name like "Princeton Longevity Center" it sounds like their objective is to sell you testosterone...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Princeton Longevity Center? Comprehensive Preventive Exams? [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello SayHeyKid and All,

https://www.adventisthealth.org/...estyle-medicine.aspx

My sister in law works for this hospital system and my brother tried a version of this program that included staying several days at the facility learning about nutrtition and good health habits.

He lost some weight ...... liked the program ...... and came out with improved blood markers, when he came home threw out all the 'bad' food, went to Whole Foods and bought new food, ..... his new life style lasted about 6 months .... we are creatures of habit.

Wiki:

"In an attempt to “reverse engineer longevity,” Dan Buettner has spent years researching the parts of the world where people live much longer than average. ... It's the Seventh-day Adventists, who live an average of 10 years longer than the American life expectancy of about 79 years."

(I am not a Seventh-day Adventist nor is my brother)

For many years the company I worked for paid for a very extensive physical each year at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN .... the Clinic even gave us a laxaitve and checked our feces for parasites and who know what? We visited different specialities for tests over a couple of days.

The doctor that gave the final 'cough and check for hernia' test was grossy overweight and would ground pilots for high cholesterol or blood pressure .... after a few years he died and was replaced with a female ...... a good looking blond doctor .... one of our pilots got called in for asking her if they could have a martini together ..... before the cough check.

I was friends with one of the doctors that did a longevity study of our pilot group. He found that the pilot hiring process that included a physical for eyesight, blood pressure, etc. did not much influence pilot mortality (discounting operational flying deaths in the early days) and that natural pilot death rates tracked insurance tables closely.

Now my brother at least has some guilt when he eats that quart of ice cream.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Princeton Longevity Center? Comprehensive Preventive Exams? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
SayHey Kid wrote:

With a name like "Princeton Longevity Center" it sounds like their objective is to sell you testosterone...

Well I hear (or heard) the ads all the time on WFAN (all Sports Talk Radio Station in NYC). So they certainly know how to market their product
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
SayHey Kid wrote:

Well I hear (or heard) the ads all the time on WFAN (all Sports Talk Radio Station in NYC). So they certainly know how to market their product

Most of the ads on WFAN are for dubious products, so keep that in mind. Like that weight loss thing with "bio-energetic" something-or-other.

Sometimes, more information about our bodies only leads to more tests and intrusive procedures without benefit. As an example of how this works, some very large percentage of people with knee pain will be found to have damage to their knee (surprise!), which might lead one to believe that the damage caused the pain, and to lead to surgery to fix the damage. But further study shows that *most* people have knee damage, without the pain. Similar things with PSA levels, lumps in breast tissue, etc.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
May want to check our nourish balance thrive as they do blood tests and analysis and seem to be legit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the PLC day a few years back after receiving the day as birthday present . It was essentially a super thorough physical/lifestyle checkup. The ask you to keep a food/exercise log for a few weeks before the appointment. Very thorough questionnaire. Meeting with nutritionist, meeting with exercise physiologist. Body composition analysis, full body scan, virtual colonoscopy. Vo2Max test on a treadmill. The works. They send you a 50ish page report when you are done. There was no push to sell me anything nor did they try and put me on testosterone (although they did measure it).

It was interesting and informative. Not sure I would do it again on my own dime given the steep price. You can probably get all the same information (except the virtual scan- which was very cool) cheaper and possibly covered by insurance. Let me know if any other specific questions

Steve
Last edited by: SteveCoz: Oct 30, 18 6:48
Quote Reply